find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of the Arts London: Data Visualisation
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
MA Data Visualisation at London College of Communication is a practice-led course where students research, interpret, critique and visualise data using a range of media, tools and techniques. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• Design-led and interdisciplinary: The course recognises the uniquely interdisciplinary nature of data visualisation, and will equip you to work with specialists from data scientists to developers, data journalists to domain experts. You’ll also build your own specialist data design skills though through a rich culture of studio practice and technical workshops underpinned by advanced critical and theoretical perspectives. • Collaborative and industry-engaged: You’ll work with your peers on briefs designed and delivered by design practitioners specialising in data visualisation, such as Beyond Words Studio; as well as domain experts tackling data-related challenges such as The British Red Cross. • Focused on subject and research expertise: You’ll build a portfolio of data visualisation work alongside defining and delivering your own self-initiated, research-led major project, supported by a range of workshops from the research-oriented to those focused on the creative application of technical tools. • Experimental and explorative: You’ll develop the ability to translate data into creative narratives that a wide variety of audiences can understand using the most appropriate form of communication design for each project. LCC’s exceptional facilities, from the Creative Technology Lab to the letterpress studio, are places for you to experiment with a range of mediums and modes of delivery – shaping compelling narratives that challenge the definition and parameters of the discipline.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
The MA Data Visualisation course team welcomes applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, from all over the world, who have achieved a Hons degree qualification that evidences their aptitude, skill and engagement in the field of graphic design/communication or a related design practice. Applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, as well as those already within employment, are also welcome on the course.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
We have a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global businesses to self-employed …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Graphic arts, Graphic design, Communication design, Visual communication, Graphic communication, Typography, Computer graphics, Data analysis, Digital imaging, Web design, Cultural studies, Contemporary history, Database design or Informatics, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here