find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of the Arts London: Television
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
MA Television delivers the skills needed to design and make fact-based television. Learn about pitching, budgeting and translating your ideas into practical, hands-on advanced programming. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• A focus on factual programming: The course combines advanced practical training in factual programme making with research-based analysis of the television industry today; its values, its genres, its development processes, its production practices, and the proliferating platforms available to programme makers. • A focus on self-employment: The course is designed primarily – but not exclusively – for those who wish to work in, or run, small-to-medium sized production companies, or become freelance producer/directors. The latter provides a large and constant component of the UK production base (and increasingly beyond), but one that is yet to be catered for in many screen schools. • Business planning: You'll produce both a programme (or other moving-image product) and a researched business plan, accompanied by an explanatory narrative, identifying your target market. The programme and plan will be the outcome of guided analysis and research so by graduation you will already have developed a highly viable pitch for your first offer to the television industry. • The TV studio: Our TV studio is of a very high professional standard, with a new Tricaster mixing desk that allows for a wide range of effects and computer-generated imagery. • Mastery of this resource will further distinguish you from the majority of media and film school Master's-level graduates. •Industry contacts: The MA will draw on London College of Communication's wide range of contacts in the London TV industry to provide visiting lecturers, workshop leaders, critiques and introductions to networks of graduates now working in media in London. It will allow and encourage you to take full advantage of our contacts with the British Film Institute. You will have access to the many specialist cinemas, studios, facilities houses and media events that are features of London’s busy and varied media life.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
The course team welcomes applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, from all over the world. MA Television attracts applications from graduates of a good honours degree in a relevant subject such as either film, television or related media subject. We will also consider graduates of a good honours degree in any other subjects who can demonstrate a developed interest in, and knowledge of, current television practice and output.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
We have a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global businesses to self-employed …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Audio-visual studies, Sound recording, Broadcasting, Communication skills, Visual communication, Film studies, Media management, Media production, Film production, Video production, Video studies, Music editing, Music theory or Cultural studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here