find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of the Arts London: Games Design
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
Rooted in experimental practice, MA Games Design will equip you with both the technical and critical skills to produce a broad portfolio of innovative game prototypes. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• Freedom to explore through practice: respond to live briefs, learn through creating and find your unique position between coding and making. • Experiences beyond the screen: make games in the widest sense – including physical, experiential, critical and socially-reflective games across both digital and non-digital – and discover the possibilities of playable experiences. • Connect with industry: engage with gaming industry professionals and plug-in to contemporary design practices through our range of guest lectures, events, trips, and visits to conferences. • Develop your portfolio: create finished products, exhibit work and graduate with a high quality and diverse portfolio that will prepare you for a career in the games, interaction and wider design industries. • Collaborate beyond the boundaries of games design: work with animators, interaction designers, sound artists, graphic designers, filmmakers across UAL’s diverse network of artists, designers, makers and communicators.
What can you expect?
The course is particularly interested in how games design principles are being used more generally and how these ideas impact upon our increasingly digital culture. MA Games Design will enable you to understand and articulate the unique value of game experience to an increasingly interested design industry and allow you to understand the value of your game experience prototypes. Building on LCC's resources, in digital, time-based and interactive media, alongside printmaking, graphic design and visual communication, the course encourages experimental and reflective practice that echoes the cross media nature of the design, communication and media industries.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Applicants are expected to have an honours degree in a subject such as games design, animation, illustration, visual communication or graphic design or a closely related area, and present a portfolio of image-led work and project proposal. Language requirements (International/EU): All classes are conducted in English. If English is not the first language, applicants are asked to provide evidence of their English language ability when they enrol. IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required for this course.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
We have a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global businesses to self-employed …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Drawing, Graphic arts, Animation, Illustration, Design theory, Three dimensional design, Music editing, Music technology, Computer games, Computer graphics or Computer programming, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here