University of the Arts London: Graphic Branding and Identity
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
On MA Graphic Branding and Identity, you’ll explore the strategic thinking underlying brands and look at how that strategy can drive creative expression. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
**Why choose this course at London College of Communication**
• Industry links – Collaborative opportunities with a range of international practices are built into the course, with past creative partners including Channel 4, NASA, United Nations, Wolff Olins, Southwark Council, Euromonitor and London College of Fashion. You’ll work with designers and strategists from industry. Past agencies include Pentagram, Superunion and Grey.
• Flexibility/personalisation – Masters-level study is, by its nature, a highly-personal mode of delivery and study. Your own working practice as design-researcher is encouraged, and we’ll support your requirements as a practitioner and worker throughout the course.
• International opportunities - MA Graphic Branding and Identity supports students in their ambitions to work in international contexts. Whilst we don’t offer an integrated internationalised program, many of our students have worked and interned in a wide range of countries during the summer period, as well as within collaborative projects. These include Korea, the USA, China and Japan, as well as within the EU.
• Where graduates have gone on to work – Our graduates have had a high degree of success in further employment and study. Recent graduates have worked at Accenture, Publicis LifeBands, McCann Worldgroup, Sagmeister & Walsh, BrandCap, Superunion, Atelier and the BBC. A number of our students have progressed to PhD study, developing their research practice into deeper, more sustained academic pathways. We also encourage students to teach in higher-education, and many of our students now successfully integrate teaching into their practice.
• Facilities – One of LCC’s greatest assets is its outstanding range of old and new technologies, including printing and binding facilities and digital and post-digital skillsets, led by world-class technicians and teachers. MA Graphic Branding and Identity works effortlessly within these areas to build sustained and supportive relationships with our technical facilities; this ensures you have opportunities to immerse yourself in craft knowledge, develop new technological skills, and widen your capacity as a graphic branding specialist.
**About London College of Communication**
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
An Honours degree in a relevant subject, or a professional or academic qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours degree. Applicants who do not have the required qualifications, but do have professional experience, may be eligible to gain credit for previous learning and experience through the Accreditation of Prior and Experiential Learning (APEL) i.e. professional experience or a combination of courses and work experience. Experience is assessed as a learning process and tutors will evaluate that experience for currency, validity, quality and sufficiency. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. All applicants will be expected to submit an electronic portfolio on CD or via a website with their application form. This should include a maximum of six projects and supporting material as described above. These should be clearly annotated and organised. All applicants will be expected to outline their major project ideas in the application. This should describe the area of interest, the field of study and the particular focus of their intended work across the year. This should include an overview of how they intend to go about producing the project.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings® for the second year in a row, and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Drawing, Graphic arts, Animation, Illustration, Screen printing, Design theory, Editorial design, Graphic design, Communication design, Visual communication, Printing, Graphic communication, Typography, Visual arts, Brand management, Consumer studies, Market research or Advertising, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here