find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of the Arts London: Graphic Media Design
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
MA Graphic Media Design explores the use of graphic design as a critical tool to investigate the complexities of contemporary society. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• Subject Expertise: You will be situated within a progressive site of award-winning pedagogic development and critical subject debate. The course is delivered by an accomplished team of awarded design practitioners, published researchers and experienced educators. • Progressive Practice: Our graduates enter into complex contexts with curiosity and confidence, informed with in-depth subject knowledge, advanced design skills and a resilient attitude. Graduates initiate new directions for the practice of graphic design, participate in current and future debates on the practice and secure high-profile careers in key areas of design practice, research and education. • Design Discourse and Debate: Leading critical thinkers, design practitioners, theorists and writers are frequent guests and correspondents to the course – notably Turner Prize-nominees Forensic Architecture, design historian and writer Alice Twemlow, and world-renowned practitioners Paul Elliman and Jan van Toorn. • Making Public: Our participants socialise their practice with key institutions, organisations and communities throughout the course with projects such as the In Search Of… series, Positioning Practice and A Line Which Forms a Volume: a critical reader of design research published by the course, with contributions from Stuart Bertolli-Bailey (Dexter Sinister), Jack Self (Real Review), Francisco Laranjo (Modes of Criticism) and more. • Community: Our postgradaute community offers opportunities to engage in research . Graduates can work towards PhD progression; and interact with a growing number of research hubs at LCC, such as Supra Systems Studio, Design Activism Research Hub, and many others across UAL. • Excellence in resources: LCC’s exceptional facilities span both the traditional and contemporary processes from letterpress, screen printing, photography, 3D construction and bookbinding to 3D printing, laser-cutting and sound engineering.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
An Honours degree in a relevant subject, or a professional or academic qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours degree. If you do not have the required qualifications, but do have professional experience you may be eligible to gain credit for previous learning and experience through the AP(E)L system. Applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, as well as those already within employment, are also welcome, as the course has been designed to accommodate flexibility in educational engagement. Your experience is assessed as a learning process and tutors will evaluate that experience for currency, validity, quality and sufficiency. If English is not your 1st language then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent), with a minimum of 5.5 for each element will be required.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||22920 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London has ranked second in the world in Art and Design for the fifth year in a row in the 2023 QS World University Rankings.
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
- UAL Creative Computing Institute
We have a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in every part and at every level of the creative and cultural sectors, from heads of global businesses …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Drawing, Graphic arts, Animation, Illustration, Screen printing, Design management, Design theory, Editorial design, Exhibition design, Graphic design, Media design, Communication design, Visual communication, Printing, Graphic communication, Typography, Visual arts or Brand management, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here