University of the Arts London: Publishing
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||London College of Communication, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6569|
Gain the creative and professional tools you'll need for a career in the dynamic publishing sector. Master how content is commissioned, designed, produced, marketed and delivered across different media including books, magazines, tablets, e-readers and social media environments. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• Using our excellent facilities you can commission and create physical and digital published products, books and magazines – this hands-on practical experience is fantastic for building confidence in technical literacy, decision-making and project management. • You’ll be able to connect the academic and creative commercial environments as you participate in live industry projects, events, prototype testing and research, and extend your exposure to and experience working with industry. • Embedded throughout the course are the concepts of creativity and enterprise – as you build an holistic understanding of the industry, there is emphasis on anticipating audiences and developing creative publishing projects while understanding the commercial application of them. A strong experimental ethos around print and digital means you can take new ideas forward into the industry. • Flexible choices for your assignments and projects to allow you to direct your postgraduate experience as you want – allowing you to develop your own unique skills set and ensuring flexibility to fit alongside your evolving professional and creative careers. • London College of Communication provides a unique creative environment to experiment and connect with other creative people such as animators, interactive designers or illustrators to bring new insights and imaginative processes to publishing. This is a developing aspect of the publishing industry and links you into wider creative industries.
What to expect
Practical projects and events, collaborations with other creative people, engagement with industry networks and participation in professional activities are all central to the course as you develop unique and flexible skills set for your future careers. Throughout the course, there is a variety of teaching and learning environments including lectures, group work on practical publishing projects, simulations, hackdays, seminars and individual research projects. You will be involved in a co-creation project working on our annual Publishing Innovation Conference which is an ideal opportunity to network.
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
An Honours degree or equivalent professional qualifications with a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience. Applicants will need to submit a personal statement describing why they want to study the course. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate: critical knowledge of and enthusiasm for publishing; a well-articulated rationale for applying for the course. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 7.0 or equivalent.
|Location||London College of Communication|
Elephant & Castle
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked 2 in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings®, for the second year in a row. UAL is made up of 6 world-renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
We have a track record for launching and furthering careers. Our graduates can be found in …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Broadcasting, Communication skills, Communication studies, Business communication, Mass communication, Visual communication, Broadcast journalism, Media management, Media production, Publishing, Marketing, Public relations, Advertising, Web design, Events management or Cultural studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here