Bangor University: School of Natural Scienceswww.bangor.ac.uk/natural-sciences/
University of Bangor
School of Natural Sciences
Bangor University’s School of Natural Sciences conducts world-leading research and teaching across a diverse range of topics based around zoology, biology, forestry, geography, agriculture and conservation.
Based in stunning North Wales the Bangor University is the obvious choice for students and researchers interested in the natural world and our environment.
Alongside the forests and mountains of Snowdonia and the cliffs and sandy beaches of Anglesey, the School of Natural Sciences also boasts cutting-edge laboratories and analysis equipment, a botanic garden, research farm, animal care facilities, aquariums, growth rooms and greenhouses, and even a fully stocked natural history museum. All of which are used by our students and research teams.
“We are a genuinely caring and supportive school, and you couldn’t ask for a better location to study the natural sciences in than North Wales. The best natural laboratory you could wish for is on our doorstep! We are committed to delivering teaching of the highest standard and proud that our research is rated as some of the highest quality in UK.” - Prof. Morag McDonald – Head of School.
The academic staff in the School of Natural Science are committed to maintaining high quality research and are equally passionate about their teaching and professional support offered to students.
The research our lecturers undertake is directly applicable to what they teach on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes – meaning students are taught by the top experts in their field.
A wide-range of degrees and courses are offered by the School of Natural Sciences at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Many of our programmes are professionally accredited and students can complete work placements and gain international experience as part of their degree.
Alongside Bangor University being ranked in the top 10 for Student Satisfaction for the 3rd year running in the 2019 National Student Survey, we’re particularly proud of our School’s results with some of our programmes scoring 100% satisfaction.
Find the course that’s right for you by visiting our Key Subjects page.Institution Profile
- Agriculture (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Agroforestry (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Agroforestry and Food Security (MSc)
- Agroforestry and Food Security by Distance Learning (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Conservation (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Conservation and Land Management (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Environmental and Business Management (MSc)
- Environmental Forestry (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Environmental Sciences (MSc (Res))
- Forestry (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Geography (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Renewable Materials (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Soil and Environmental Science (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (MSc)
- Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) (Erasmus Mundus course) (MSc)
- Tropical Forestry (MSc)
- Tropical Forestry (with International Commonwealth Scholarship) (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here