Bangor University: School of Sport, Health and Exercise Scienceshttp://www.bangor.ac.uk/sport
School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences (SSHES)
Explore Postgraduate Sport Science at Bangor
If you are looking for a Sport Science Masters degree with inspirational teaching from world-class researchers that will enhance your employability, explore your options at Bangor.
The School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences at Bangor is highly rated for Research Quality (7th in the UK) and student satisfaction. All our researchers teach, leading to inspirational teaching with research-led modules and supervised experience designed to develop your applied skills and help your employability. We offer courses from taught MSc programmes to more research-intensive MRes degrees, and our Excellence Funding gives you a £1,000 fee reduction if you have a First Class honours degree (or equivalent).
- WhatUni? Awards 2018 saw Bangor’s student accommodation and clubs and societies ranked No.1 in the UK and the University ranked 3rd overall as well as being top 10 is several other categories
- 8th (of 81) in the UK for Sport Science ‘Student Satisfaction’ in the National Student Survey 2018
- 5th in the UK for Sports Science Research Quality in the 2019 Complete University Guide
We offer a range of MSc and more research intensive MRes courses including:
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology MSc
- Applied Sport Science MSc
- Exercise Rehabilitation MSc
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (BPS Accredited) MSc
- Sport and Exercise Physiology MRes
- Sport and Exercise Psychology MRes
- Sport and Exercise Sciences MRes
For full details of all our courses down to modular level information, and to apply online, please visit our website.
Future Career and Employability
Employability is a key part of all postgraduate degrees and we have a dedicated ‘Supervised Experience’ module to give students direct experience of how their studies can be applied to the wide variety of careers they can go into with one of our degrees.
In addition, students have the opportunity to APPLY for a Graduate Assistantship – an innovative feature that allows them to put some of their learning into practice by being paid to support School activities, to help develop personal applied support skills and to enhance their CVs with direct experience to support their future employability.
Research and Facilities
All our postgraduate degrees give you the opportunity to work with our staff renowned for their expertise in three Research Groups:
In exercise rehabilitation and disease prevention, the Physical Activity for Health and Wellbeing Group collaborates with local NHS Boards and medical charities (eg Arthritis Care and Research).
The Extremes Research Group works with the Ministry of Defence (eg British Army), research charities (eg Medical Expeditions) and international sports teams to investigate how the body reacts to extreme environments and conditions.
In sport and exercise psychology, the Institute for the Psychology of Elite Performance collaborates with the Ministry of Defence (eg leadership), with UK Sport and individual sports (eg England and Wales Cricket Board, Rugby Football Union).
As you’d expect, the School is well resourced to support the full range of scientific study in sport, health and exercise physiology/psychology, motor control and learning, exercise rehabilitation and motion analysis. Facilities include:
- exercise physiology testing and rehabilitation laboratories, equipped with an Ultrasound and Isokinetic Dynamometer;
- environmental and hypoxia chambers – to allow testing in extreme temperature and humidity conditions and at simulated high altitudes;
- a dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scanner
- motion analysis and psychomotor testing laboratories
- psychology testing laboratories including a driving simulation and observation/interview suite;
- cell biology and biochemistry laboratories.
Bangor also promises a stunning location set between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea; probably one of the best university locations for pursuing sport and outdoor activities.
The city itself is a small, friendly cathedral city that offers a safe and affordable place to live and free membership of all student clubs and societies offers students a wealth of experiences outside the lecture hall.
Watch our videos
Watch our videos to explore our courses and facilities, and find out what makes Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences at Bangor Uni so special.
Get in touch
If you would like more information about how you would fit into our excellent research environment please do not hesitate to contact us:
School of Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
Telephone +44 (0) 1248 388256
- Sport and Exercise Physiology (Master of Research - MRes/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (Certificate - Cert/MA (Res))
- Sport and Exercise Science (Master of Research - MRes/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here