Bangor University: School of Psychologyhttps://www.bangor.ac.uk/psychology
School of Psychology
Beyond the ordinary: study Psychology at Bangor
At Bangor we offer our students an exceptional student experience in a beautiful location. As a masters student in the School of Psychology you’ll be working alongside internationally renowned researchers using cutting edge techniques and equipment. If you like the sound of that here are a few more reasons to think about studying with us:
- WhatUni? Awards saw Bangor’s student accommodation (2018) and clubs and societies ranked No.1 in the UK (2019) and the University ranked top 10 is several other categories
- 5th (of 118) in the UK for ‘Student Satisfaction’ in the National Student Survey 2019
- Top 20 in the UK for Research Quality in the 2020 Complete University Guide
- Top 30% In the UK for ‘Employability’ in the 2020 Complete University Guide
- We attract staff and students from all over the world providing a cosmopolitan, friendly learning environment our students really value
- We were one of only 2 UK Psychology departments ranked in the top 20 by REF 2014 at the same time as being ranked top 10 for ‘Student Satisfaction’ by the NSS
- Bangor is one of the most affordable places in Britain to be a student and is renowned as a safe and friendly town in a beautiful place with good transport links
- We have exceptional research laboratories including a MRI Scanner, TMS, ECG, ERP, Sound Booths and an Anatomy Lab
You can view our postgraduate video or visit our website to find out more but perhaps the best insight is provided by Rhi Willmot’s video charting her experiences at Bangor. In order to get an insight into some of the diverse research we are able to carry out as one of the largest schools of psychology in the UK you may like to visit our news pages or follow us on Twitter: @psychBangor
We offer the following postgraduate degrees:
- Applied Behaviour Analysis MSc
- Applied Marketing Science MSc
- Clinical and Health Psychology MSc
- Consumer Psychology with Business MSc
- Counselling MSc
- Mindfulness-Based Approaches (Part-time) MA/MSc
- Neuroimaging MSc
- Positive Behaviour Support MSc
- Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology MSc
- Psychological Research MSc
- Psychology MA
- Psychology MSc
- Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses (Part-time) MA
- PhD by research in various specialisms
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology:
This is a British Psychological Society (BPS)-accredited training programme, leading to qualification as a clinical psychologist and eligibility for chartered status with the BPS.
You can apply online now for any of our masters programmes and for PhD opportunities as they arise. To apply for the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology course you need to go through the Clearing House website.
Most of our postgraduate programmes are accessible to students with a 2:2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and, if applicable, at least 6.0 IELTS. Please see the course pages on the website for more details.
Scholarships & Funding
The School is recognised by the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) for its postgraduate training and offers its own PhD student fellowships (1+3 years). There are a limited number of achievement scholarships available for applicants with first class degrees and some subject specific scholarships in addition to the scholarships offered by the University for both Home and Overseas students. Please see our website for further details.
Bangor is situated on the North Wales coast between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea, making it one of the most attractive university cities in the UK. It boasts excellent transport links with the rest of the UK and has a reputation as a compact, friendly city. Bangor also boasts a vibrant nightlife that is dominated by the term-time influx of over 11,000 students and this, combined with the low costs of living and the low crime rate, make it the ideal student city.
Bangor Psychology offers its students a great opportunity to study in a top-rated research department alongside internationally renowned academics in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK. Contact us today to find out more.
School of Psychology
T: +44 (0)1248 388453
E: email@example.com -
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here