find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
Bangor University: School of Psychology
Study Psychology at Bangor
At Bangor we offer our students an extraordinary student experience in a beautiful location. As a psychology postgraduate student with us you’ll be working alongside internationally renowned researchers using cutting edge techniques and equipment. If you like the sound of that here are a few more reasons to think about studying with us:
- 6th (of 119) for ‘Student Satisfaction’ – NSS 2020
- Top 15% for Research Quality – Complete University Guide 2022
- Postgraduate Funding Information
- We attract staff and students from all over the world providing a cosmopolitan, friendly learning environment our students really value
- We have exceptional research laboratories including an MRI Scanner, TMS, ECG, ERP, Sound Booths and an Anatomy Lab
- Bangor is one of the most affordable places in Britain to be a student and is renowned as a safe and friendly town in a beautiful place with good transport links
- WhatUni? Awards 2020 saw Bangor’s clubs and societies (which are free to join!) ranked No.2 in the UK
- Clinical & Health Psychology MSc
- Counselling MSc
- Neuroimaging MSc
- Principles of Clinical Neuropsychology MSc
- Psychological Research MSc
- Psychology MSc
You may also be interested in Performance Psychology (Online PT Distance Learning) MSc or Sport and Exercise Psychology (BPS Accredited) MSc offered by Sports, Health and Exercise Sciences at Bangor University.
Whichever course suits your interests and career aspirations best you can easily apply using our online application system.
Most of our postgraduate programmes are accessible to students with a 2:2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and, if applicable, at least 6.0 IELTS. Please see the course pages on the website for more details.
Scholarships & Funding
Psychology at Bangor is recognised by the UK Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) for its postgraduate training and offers its own PhD student fellowships (1+3 years). Please see our website for further details on scholarships, bursaries and postgraduate funding.
Bangor is situated on the north Wales coast between the mountains of Snowdonia and the sea, making it one of the most attractive university cities in the UK and probably one of the best university locations for pursuing sport and outdoor activities. It boasts excellent transport links with the rest of the UK and has a reputation as a compact, friendly and safe city. Bangor also boasts a vibrant nightlife that is dominated by the term-time influx of over 10,000 students and this, combined with the low costs of living, free award winning student clubs and societies, and award winning accommodation make it the ideal student city.
Bangor Psychology offers its students a great opportunity to study in a top-rated research department alongside internationally renowned academics in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK. Contact us today to find out more.
T: +44 (0)1248 388453
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here