Manchester Metropolitan University: Creative Advertising Strategy
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||Marketing, Retail and Tourism|
|Telephone||0161 247 6969|
In today’s digital world there are more ways than ever to reach out to consumers.
Finding creative solutions to advertising challenges is a sought-after skill. It’s not only about crafting attention-grabbing images and slogans. Your campaigns need to be grounded in advertising theory.
This course will ensure you have the strategic knowledge to support your creative thinking. And with a range of options for placements and internships, you’ll be well on your way to an exciting career.
**A perfect mix**
You’ll explore every element of the advertising spectrum, from traditional print-based materials to digital media.
This course blends commercial, theoretical and creative units to give you the edge when you start work. Although it’s academically challenging, the practical nature of the course means you’ll be ready to create effective campaigns in various formats and media.
Learn about today’s advertising challenges and discover how to build brands. Specialise further with one of our option units to develop the skills you need for a career you’re passionate about.
Your lecturers are experienced advertising experts, sharing real examples to bring the theory to life. With our enviable network, we bring in some of the industry’s leading figures as guest lecturers.
Test your new knowledge on units like the live client brief and internship project. Or spend a year in industry really getting to grips with things. Blend your creative skills with strategic awareness to create campaigns that get results.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Triple crown** - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- **Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation** – this course is CIM accredited and allows you to work towards a CIM qualification. We also organise special events with the CIM.
- **Agency experience** – go on ‘immersion day’ visits to agencies in Manchester to understand how every element of marketing works together.
- **Creative and digital hub** – Manchester has one of the UK’s biggest creative and digital sectors. You’ll find inspiration everywhere, as well as plenty of employers when you graduate.
- **Work with clients** – work on a live client brief as part of your course. Choose to undertake an internship to fully immerse yourself in the world of creative advertising.
- **Bringing lectures to life** – our team are all experienced marketers. They draw on their own experiences to show you how theory relates to practice.
- **Marketing network** – access a host of practitioners and agencies, such as Seventy Seven, BJL and The E-Word. Hear from industry leaders at our guest lectures.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We’ll also welcome an application if you don’t have a degree, but you have significant relevant professional experience. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 140 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, Marketing, Brand management, Consumer studies, Customer relations, Fashion merchandising, Market research, Public relations, Advertising, Social sciences or International studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here