Manchester Metropolitan Universitywww.mmu.ac.uk/international
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 34,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 130 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports venues and the second largest Chinatown in the UK. Manchester is considered the UK’s ‘best city to live in’** and is one of the world's top 15 cities for Generation Z†.
Visit our website to discover the experiences of international students at Manchester Metropolitan.
The University is undergoing a £400M+ future investment planned to develop our facilities, buildings and public spaces. The Faculty of Science and Engineering is home to PrintCity, an education and innovation centre specialising in 3D printing and digital manufacturing.
Professionally relevant qualifications
Manchester Metropolitan provides its students with regular employability events including advice workshops, industry networking, guest speakers and careers fairs. The University has industry links with global companies, including IBM, Bentley Motors, Bosch, Microsoft, Nike, Adidas, Puma, SAP, Texas Instruments, Volkswagen, Walt Disney, and students benefit from lifelong access to a digital careers service.
85% of Manchester Metropolitan’s research has 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' impact††, its School of Architecture is ranked 8th in the world‡ and its Business School is a triple accredited business school, placing us among the very best business schools in the world.
Experienced staff, careers advice, free English language lessons and a dedicated International Office ensure that international students receive all the support they need to succeed in their studies at Manchester Met.
All first-year international students are guaranteed accommodation in our University student halls, as long as you apply before the deadline (terms and conditions apply). We offer an excellent choice of accommodation, from en-suite rooms in shared flats to traditional bedrooms with shared kitchens and bathrooms, which are set in residential areas close to our campuses. All of our student accommodation is near local facilities, including shops, restaurants and cafes, and has excellent transport links to help you explore the area.
The University provides a range of scholarships exclusive to international students, up to the value of £5,000.¶
Manchester Metropolitan University
T: +44 (0)161 247 1022
Visit the international website
*Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2020
**Global Liveability Survey 2019 by the Economist Intelligence Unit
†Generation Z City Index 2019
†† Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014-21
‡ QS World University Rankings 2020
¶The scholarship amount quoted relates to the 2020-21 academic year and may change for the 2021-22 academic year
- Accounting, Finance and Banking
- Childhood, Youth and Education Studies
- Clothing Design and Technology
- Department of Computing and Mathematics
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Life Sciences
- Department of Natural Sciences
- Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Economics, Policy and International Business
- Education and Social Research Institute
- Health Professions
- Information Technology and Communications
- Languages, Linguistics and TESOL
- Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design (MIRIAD)
- Manchester Law School
- Manchester School of Architecture
- Manchester School of Theatre
- Marketing, Operations and Digitial Business
- Marketing, Retail and Tourism
- Operations,Technology, Events and Hospitality Mangement
- People and Performance
- PGCE courses
- Politics, Philosophy and Public Services
- School of Health, Psychology and Social Care
- Social Work and Social change
- Sociology and Criminology
- Strategy, Enterprise and Sustainability
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here