Manchester Metropolitan University: Marketing
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||Marketing, Retail and Tourism|
|Telephone||0161 247 6969|
Marketing has changed with the arrival of the digital era. Today, any business can operate on an international scale via different online channels. With so much competition, connecting with customers has never been more important.
This industry-accredited masters offers you the chance to explore the latest thinking and techniques in this rapidly changing field.
You'll look at both traditional and digital marketing principles and strategies, as your develop an in-depth understanding of the marketing role in organisations of all shapes and sizes.
You’ll also examine the issues and opportunities in marketing, strategy and consumer behaviour.
**Theory into practice**
Our staff are a mix of practising and research-active professionals. So they bring the real world of marketing into the classroom, ensuring your learning is always industry-relevant. You'll also build professional workplace skills through live projects with local businesses.
Working on live client briefs and the opportunity to participate in internships will see you put theory into practice. You’ll be building a portfolio while you study, ready to apply for jobs as soon as you graduate.
**Marketing in context**
You’ll discuss marketing in the context of contemporary business issues whilst developing your knowledge of international branding and digital media.
Whether you’re already working in marketing or you’re looking to move into the sector, it’s an opportunity to develop the expertise you’ll need to succeed.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Triple crown** - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- **Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)** – this course is CIM accredited and allows you to work towards a CIM qualification.
- **Creative and digital hub** – Manchester has one of the UK’s biggest creative and digital sector. You’ll find inspiration everywhere, as well as plenty of employers when you graduate.
- **Beyond the classroom** – use your knowledge and skills on live client projects. Meet Manchester-based businesses and impress them with your work.
- **Learn from experts** – our lecturers have years of industry experience. Their knowledge is supported by guest lectures from some of the industry’s leading figures.
- **Grow your network** – use our extensive industry links to develop your own professional network. Internships, live client projects and guest lectures all present networking opportunities.
- **Digital focus** – this course provides an introduction to digital marketing, to prepare you for today's marketing industry.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We’ll also welcome an application if you don’t have a degree, but you have significant relevant professional experience. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 140 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, Marketing, Brand management, Consumer studies, Customer relations, Fashion merchandising, Market research, Public relations or Advertising, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here