Outstanding postgraduate study in a stunning seafront location
Study with us at Swansea University and you’ll become a valued member of our welcoming postgraduate community of over 3,500 students.
Here’s just a few of the many reasons why you should study at Swansea for your postgraduate degree...
- Courses tailored to your interests
- Accounting and Finance
- Ageing Studies
- American Studies
- Business Management
- Children and Young People
- Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- English Literature & Creative Writing
- Health Sciences
- Media, Communication & Public Relations
- Medicine, Life Science & Healthcare
- Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting
- Politics, International Relations and Development Studies
- Social Work, Social Care and Social Policy
- Sports and Exercise Science
- War and Society
- Award-winning postgraduate study
We’ve been delivering outstanding postgraduate study since 1920, a tradition we’re proud to continue today. 2019 was an award-winning year for Swansea- we were named Welsh University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide, runner-up for the overall UK University of the Year title, as well as runner-up in the ‘Postgraduate’ category at the WhatUni? Student Choice Awards.
As a UK top 30 university for research (REF), all of our postgraduate programmes are guided by internationally recognised research. You’ll be supervised and taught by our team of talented academics from across the globe.
- Scholarships and funding to support your studies
We understand that the cost of your studies is one of the most important factors when deciding on a university for your postgraduate degree. Last year, we offered just under £10 million in postgraduate scholarships, providing funding across a range of subject areas and qualifications.
Postgraduate government funding is also available for UK/EU students starting eligible master’s courses at Swansea. If you’re an English, Welsh or EU student looking to undertake a PhD level course with us, you may be able to borrow up to £25,700 towards the cost of your studies. Learn more about your options on our postgraduate loans webpages.
Swansea has recently been named the UK’s ninth most affordable university town (TotallyMoney.com). With affordable housing options and a low cost of living, you’ll find it easy to make your money stretch that little bit further.
- Enhancing your future career prospects
Our courses will do more than just expand your knowledge of a subject area- you’ll also gain invaluable employability skills to help you stand out in an increasingly competitive jobs market. Our students have the opportunity to carry out industry-linked research projects and undertake work placements with international partner organisations such as Rolls-Royce, Airbus, the NHS, Santander and Fujitsu.
You’ll also be able to take part in a range of short and summer work programmes in destinations such as China, India, North America, Japan, Africa, Australasia and Europe. The Swansea Employability Academy will be on hand throughout your studies to help develop your skills in CV writing, job searching and interview techniques.
- A warm welcome to international students
We currently have more than 2,000 international students from over 130 countries studying with us at Swansea. We offer you quality education in a safe and friendly environment, guaranteed University accommodation and academic language support classes for international students. Visit our international website for more information.
- The perfect combination of city and coastal living
At Swansea, we offer you more than just outstanding research and teaching quality. On the doorstep of both our Singleton Park and Bay campuses are sandy beaches, green parks and a range of leisure activities. We’re also just a short walk or bus ride away from Swansea’s city centre, which offers a variety of shops, restaurants, bars and attractions such as theatres, museums and cinemas. Just along the coastline is the spectacular Gower Peninsula- the UK’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Gower provides the perfect natural environment for a range of sports, such as hiking, climbing, surfing and mountain biking.
- Opportunities to visit us throughout the year
Our Open Days provide you with the perfect opportunity to take a look around the University and surrounding area, find out more about your course of interest and discover what funding is available to you.
Got any questions? We’d love to hear from you:
- Academi Hywel Teifi
- Accounting and Finance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Business and Management
- Centre for Innovative Ageing
- Chemical and Biological Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Engineering
- College of Human and Health Sciences
- Computational Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- English Language and Literature
- Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law
- History and Classics
- Languages, Translation and Media
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Political and Cultural Studies
- Social Work, Social Policy and Social Research
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Work-Based Learning
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here