Outstanding postgraduate study in a stunning seafront location
Swansea University offers award-winning postgraduate study in a stunning coastal location. From master's degrees to PhD study, we have a range of full-time and part-time programmes in a variety of subject areas. Explore our postgraduate courses and funding options including bursaries, scholarships and student loans.
Here’s just a few reasons why you should study at Swansea for your postgraduate degree...
- Courses tailored to your interests
- Accounting and Finance
- Ageing Studies
- American Studies
- Children and Young People
- Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Development Studies
- English Literature & Creative Writing
- Health Sciences
- Media, Communication & Public Relations
- Medicine, Life Science & Healthcare
- Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting
- Politics, International Relations and Development Studies
- Social Work, Social Care and Social Policy
- Sports and Exercise Science
- War and Society
- Award winning Postgraduate Study
We are excited to celebrate Swansea University’s Centenary year in 2020, which is a brilliant opportunity to look back and celebrate our achievements and journey over the past 100 years.
Here are a few of the most recent awards we have won:
- As voted for by our students, in the WhatUni? Student Choice Awards 2019, we won the top prize, University of the Year and were runner-up in the Postgraduate category.
- We were ranked Top in Wales in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
As a UK Top 30 university for research (REF), all of our postgraduate programmes are guided by internationally recognised research. You’ll be supervised and taught by our team of talented academics from across the globe in subjects like Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change, Cyber Crime and Terrorism, and Power Engineering and Sustainable Energy.
- Scholarships and funding to support your studies
We understand that the cost of your studies is one of the most important factors when deciding on a university for your postgraduate degree. So we are here to help you make sense of the fees involved and to support you as much as we can with funding opportunities. We have a Master’s Excellence Scholarship and individual subject areas offer additional funding packages, so take a look at our scholarships and funding for more information on availability and eligibility.
Postgraduate government funding is also available for UK/EU students starting eligible master’s courses at Swansea. If you’re an English, Welsh or EU student looking to undertake a PhD level course with us, you may be able to borrow up to £25,700 towards the cost of your studies if you start your course in 2019/20, and up to £26,445 if you start your course in 2020/21. Learn more about your postgraduate loans options.
Swansea has been ranked Top 10 most affordable university town in 2019 (TotallyMoney.com). With affordable housing options and a low cost of living, you’ll find it easy to make your money stretch that little bit further.
- Enhancing your future career prospects
Our courses will do more than just expand your knowledge of a subject area- you’ll also gain invaluable employability skills to help you stand out in an increasingly competitive jobs market. Our students have the opportunity to carry out industry-linked research projects and undertake work placements with international partner organisations such as Rolls-Royce, Airbus, the NHS, Santander and Fujitsu.
There are other opportunities to take part in a range of short and summer work programmes in destinations such as China, India, North America, Japan, Africa, Australasia and Europe. The Swansea Employability Academy will be on hand throughout your studies to help develop your skills in CV writing, job searching and interview techniques.
- A friendly diverse community
We currently welcome more than 3,000 international students from around 130 countries at Swansea. We offer you quality education in a safe and friendly environment, a range of University accommodation and academic language support classes for international students.
We understand it may be daunting studying away from home and so we have a team of experts in Student Services who are on hand to offer advice and support if and when you need it.
- The perfect combination of city and coastal living
At Swansea, we offer you more than just outstanding research and teaching quality. On the doorstep of both our Singleton Park and Bay campuses are sandy beaches, green parks and a range of leisure activities. We’re also just a short walk or bus ride away from Swansea’s city centre, which offers a variety of shops, restaurants, bars and attractions such as theatres, museums and cinemas. We are just 3 hours away from London and Birmingham, and just two hours away from Bristol, so you are not far from the big cities. Just along the coastline is the spectacular Gower Peninsula- the UK’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Gower provides the perfect natural environment for a range of sports, such as hiking, climbing, surfing and mountain biking.
- Opportunities to visit us throughout the year
Our Postgraduate Open Days provide you with the perfect opportunity to take a look around the University and surrounding area, find out more about your course of interest and discover what funding is available to you.
Keep an eye on our website for our upcoming Postgraduate Open Days.
Got any questions? We’d love to hear from you:
- Academi Hywel Teifi
- Accounting and Finance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Business and Management
- Centre for Innovative Ageing
- Chemical and Biological Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Engineering
- College of Human and Health Sciences
- Computational Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- English Language and Literature
- Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law
- History and Classics
- Languages, Translation and Media
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Political and Cultural Studies
- School of Management
- Social Work, Social Policy and Social Research
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Work-Based Learning
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here