Swansea University: Physicshttp://www.swansea.ac.uk/science
Science at Swansea University
Increase your employability and earnings with a postgraduate degree at Swansea University
Where better to study than at a University with a stunning location surrounded by parkland and coastline in a town where the cost of living is amongst the lowest in the UK.
We have Scholarships available.
Why study Biosciences at Swansea University?
- Ranked 7th in the UK for research excellence*
- Swansea Biosciences is where the Animal Diary tag was invented
- State-of-the-art visualisation suite and centre for sustainable aquatic research
- Internationally-renowned experts include Professor Rory Wilson, Animal Movement Expert and one of BBC’s Top 50 Conservation Heroes
- Stimulating and multi-disciplinary environment reflects programmes of study:
- MSc Environmental Biology: Conservation & Resource Management
- MRes Biosciences with a choice of pathways reflecting research expertise: Behavioural & Movement Ecology; Evolutionary & Molecular Biology; Marine Biology, Fisheries & Aquaculture; Mathematical & Statistical Ecology; Population & Community Ecology; Whole Organism Biology; Wildlife Diseases & Pest Control
Why study Geography at Swansea University?
- Ranked 8th in the UK for research impact*
- World-leading research experts include Professor Adrian Luckman (predicted the rift of the Larsen C ice shelf), Professor Peter North (global satellite remote sensing to improve understanding of climate change), Professor Tavi Murray (Polar Medal by HM Queen for outstanding service to polar research), Professor Siwan Davies (climate change)
- Programmes combine the research strengths in Geography and Biosciences around environmental and climate dynamics, marine ecosystem biology, and environmental management and sustainable development:
Why study Computer Science and Mathematics at Swansea University?
- £31m investment in a world-class Computational and Mathematical Sciences facility which includes research and development laboratories, postgraduate and researcher areas, and networking space allowing for greater collaboration with industry
- We offer a wide range of programmes in Computer Science and in Mathematics to reflect our expertise in Human Computer Interaction (Pervasive Computing, Internet of Things, Interaction with Mobile Devices, HCI of Medical Devices), Visual Computing (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data, Medical Imaging), Theoretical Computer Science (Security, Cyber Terrorism, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Smart Contracts), Software Technology; Algebra and Topology, Stochastic Analysis, Mathematical Methods in Biology and Life Sciences, Analysis and Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, and Mathematics Education.
- Internationally-renowned academics include Professor Harold Thimbleby (design of interactive medical devices) and Professor Matt Jones (empowering rural digital communities in the developing world).
What our Students Say
I am currently working at Deutsche Bank in London. The complex nature of the course has helped me become a logical decision maker and a highly skilled problem solver. My studies at Swansea have also enriched me with leadership and motivational skills.
Rhian Ivey, MSc Mathematics and Computing for Finance
I chose this course because of the specific course content. Completing my dissertation in partnership with an external company enabled me to develop skills that have been vital for the development of my career in the marine consulting sector.
Thomas Perks, MSc Geographic Information and Climate Change, now works at the Associated British Ports Marine Environmental Research.
Recruitment & Admissions Team
College of Science
Swansea SA2 8PP
Tel +44 (0)1792 295333
*Research Excellence Framework 2014
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here