find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
Swansea University: Health
School of Health and Social Care
Health at Swansea University
Swansea University offers outstanding postgraduate opportunities in healthcare, with courses that build on our long-established links with the NHS (National Health Service), social services, and industry. Our internationally renowned research staff are continually working to tackle the challenges facing the healthcare system, while our teaching staff are active in both practice and research. Together, they have a wealth of professional experience offering an unrivalled mix of academic excellence and practical expertise.
We offer a wide range of health-related postgraduate programmes at Swansea University, including:
- Advanced Practice in Health Care
- Community and Primary Health Care Practice
- Education for the Health Professions
- Enhanced Neonatal Care
- Enhanced Professional Midwifery Practice
- Health Care Management
- Nursing Pre-Registration
- Public Health and Health Promotion
- Social Work
Many of these courses offer the opportunity to start your studies in January or October. Visit our postgraduate study and research degree pages for more information.
Real-world impact is pivotal to research undertaken at the School of Health and Social Care. We improve patient outcomes and tackle the challenges facing our society. The quality of our research has again been recognised in REF2021, with 62% of our research outputs recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent with very considerable impact.
Our outstanding clinical suites prepare our students to become the next generation of healthcare professionals, and graduates who are equipped for the workplace with superb career prospects. Our Health and Wellbeing Academy offers support, advice, and services to the public. Research is also an essential element of the Academy and it provides world class teaching and learning opportunities for its students, with the aim of maximising benefits to the wider community.
“I chose Swansea University because it is highly acclaimed in Medicine & Health. My course is unique because unlike other Public Health courses, it teaches about health promotion: a practical approach which can be a great start for my career! Finally, this course ensures governmental accreditation for students who pass the course successfully.”
Christy Mathew, MSc Public Health and Health Promotion
How to Apply
How to Apply to Swansea University
Postgraduate Open Days take place regularly – both online and on campus.
- Approved Mental Health Professional (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Community and Primary Healthcare Practice (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Education for the Health Professions (MA/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Health Care Management (MSc)
- Healthcare Practice (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Health Economics (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil/MSc (Res))
- Health Humanities (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Public Health (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Public Health and Health Promotion (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here