University of Manchester: School of Environment, Education and Developmenthttp://www.seed.manchester.ac.uk
The University of Manchester
School of Environment, Education and Development
The School of Environment, Education and Development (SEED) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in both research and teaching. Formed by a unique combination of five interrelated specialisms - Architecture, Education, Geography, Global Development, and Planning and Environmental Management - SEED aims to not only understand the uneven relationships between society, the economy and the environment, but improve them.
Through our collaborative approach to studying the world’s grand challenges, we’re positioned to influence how they’re tackled - from poverty eradication, to sustainable urbanism, to securing social justice.
Postgraduate Studies at SEED
We have over 60 postgraduate Master’s courses within SEED - many, notably, sat within the School’s highly regarded departments of the Global Development Institute and Manchester Institute of Education - alongside a range of PhD programmes and professional doctorates.
We’re also determined to ensure everyone has a fair chance to pursue their passions and expand their knowledge, which is why we offer our students a number of scholarships and awards to support them during their studies. SEED students can also benefit from a range of external scholarship opportunities, awarded by organisations such as the British Council, the Ford Foundation and the World Bank, to name just a few.
When you graduate from The University of Manchester, you’ll be leaving with much more than a world-renowned qualification. You’ll also have developed important skills that will boost your career prospects, whatever directions you choose to go in after graduation.
With an advanced understanding of important contemporary challenges - such as climate change, sustainable development and the different economic and social issues faced by societies around the world - learnt from leaders in their fields, our graduate benefit from excellent career prospects. SEED alumni work across both the public and private sector, in organisations such as the World Bank, the UN, Oxfam, and government departments.
The Manchester Experience
People from all over the world, as well as the UK, choose to study at Manchester. Much like the city itself, the University is truly multicultural. With around 7,400 international students from 180 countries, we have one of the most diverse student populations in the country.
What’s more, Manchester has something for everyone - from its restaurants and pubs, to its cinemas, shops and live music venues. Our guide to the city of Manchester gives you an idea of what to expect!
What our students say
“I choose The University of Manchester because, unlike other universities who pursue generic courses/programmes that I can find almost in anywhere in the world, they provided me with a customised Master’s program (i.e. MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry) which was very well placed in providing me with the answers to the puzzles that I solve.”
Kwame Asamoah Kwarteng, an international student from Ghana, is studying MSc International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry
“Before coming to Manchester I was working at the UN. I loved my job but I felt that I needed to get more applicable theoretical knowledge regarding poverty and conflict to fully address people's requirements.
The University is a very multicultural and I feel sometimes I have learned more from my classmates' experiences than from books as we are always comparing our countries and our thoughts.”
Sara Eva Acosta, an international student from Colombia, is studying MSc International Development: Poverty, Conflict and Reconstruction
- Architecture (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Architecture and Urbanism (MA)
- Counselling Psychology (DCounsEd)
- Development Economics and Policy (MSc)
- Development Finance (MSc)
- Development Policy and Management (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Digital Technologies, Communication and Education (MA)
- Education (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Educational and Child Psychology (DEdChPsy)
- Educational Leadership (MA)
- Education (International) (MA)
- Environmental Governance (MSc)
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Management (MSc)
- Environmental Monitoring and Modelling and Reconstruction (MSc)
- Environmental Monitoring, Modelling and Reconstruction (MSc)
- Geographical Information Science (MSc)
- Global Urban Development and Planning (MSc)
- Human Geography (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Human Resource Development (International Development) (MSc)
- Human Resource Management and Development (International Development) by Distance Learning (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Human Resource Management (International Development) (MSc)
- ICTs for Development (MSc)
- International Development (MSc)
- International Development: Development Management (MA)
- International Development: Environment Climate Change and Development (MSc)
- International Development: Globalisation, Trade and Industry (MSc)
- International Development: Politics, Governance and Development Policy (MA)
- International Development: Poverty, Conflict and Reconstruction (MSc)
- International Development: Poverty, Inequality and Development (MSc)
- International Development: Public Policy and Management (MSc)
- Management and Implementation of Development Projects (MSc)
- Management and Information Systems: Change and Development (MSc)
- Organisational Change and Development (MSc)
- Physical Geography (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Planning (MSc)
- Planning and Environmental Management (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Psychology of Education (MEd)
- Real Estate Asset Management (MSc)
- Real Estate Development (MSc)
- Real Estate Distance Learning (MSc)
- Research Methods with Education (MSc)
- Research Methods with Human Geography (MSc)
- Research Methods with International Development (MSc)
- Research Methods with Planning and Environmental Management (MSc)
- TESOL (MA)
- Urban Design and International Planning (MSc)
- Urban Regeneration and Development (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here