About the University
Founded in 1881 as the original ‘red brick’, the University of Liverpool is one of the UK’s leading research-intensive higher education institutions.
Consistently ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide, Liverpool is a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group of the UK’s leading research universities and has a global reach and influence that reflects its academic heritage as one of the country’s largest civic institutions.
The Management School
The University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to hold the gold standard 'triple-crown' accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
The School delivers an innovative and established portfolio of programmes in core areas of business and management, including marketing, economics, international business, finance and accounting.
All staff in the School are research-active and their findings underpin our programmes. Our links with industry and public sector bodies mean that students are able to benefit from guest lectures, networking opportunities, work-based projects and in-house careers support for our postgraduate students.
The Management School is based on the main University campus, in the heart of the city, adjacent to Sydney Jones library and the Georgian gardens of Abercromby Square.
The School has invested in a £12 million extension to provide state-of-the-art teaching facilities for its students, including:
- Two large lecture theatres
- Bloomberg Suite resembling a professional trading floor, the largest in any UK university
- Exclusive SAP suite with computer access
- flexible teaching rooms and computer suites
- breakout areas for group work and discussion
- Café selling hot meals, snacks and Starbuck’s coffee
In addition, MBA students have exclusive access to the Brett Building, with facilities including state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a lecture theatre, break-out spaces, careers interview rooms, exhibition spaces and social zones.
The Management School has a range of generous master’s scholarships and MBA scholarships available for autumn 2024 entry. Awards include the 50% ULMS Excellence Scholarship for master’s students and the full-fee Kick it Out Football Industries MBA scholarship, offered in partnership with Sky and Kick it Out.
Our scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic and professional excellence and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis so early programme application is advised.
You do not need to apply separately for our scholarships - all eligible offer holders to our MBA and MSc programmes are considered. Further details can be found on the Management School website.
Accreditations and rankings
- The University of Liverpool Management School has triple accreditation, from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS
- The MBA programme is ranked amongst the top 100 MBA programmes in the world featuring in The Economist 'Which MBA' top 100 2021 global ranking, and achieved Tier 1 Status in CEO Magazine’s 2020 Global MBA Rankings
- MSc Sports Business and Management is ranked first in the UK, third in Europe and 14th in the world in the SportBusiness Postgraduate Course Rankings for 2023
- Finance MSc is ranked among the top 55 Finance programmes in the world by the Financial Times in their 2023 Masters in Finance pre-experience ranking
- Human Resource Management MSc is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Our Marketing MSc is professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Occupational and Organisational Psychology MSc is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management MSc is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS, subject to renewal) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport UK (CILT)
- Project Management MSc has Academic Accreditation by the Association of Project Managers (APM)
We are the only School in the University to have dedicated, in-house careers support for our postgraduate students, supporting master’s students from the moment you begin your programme until five years after you graduate.
Students are supported to plan and work towards their goals and are helped to make well informed career decisions. This includes advice on CVs, applications, psychometric testing, assessment centres and mock interviews. Students are also provided with help sourcing work experience, placements and graduate jobs. Separate programmes of events and workshops are provided for MSc and MBA students.
With more than 30,000 Management School graduates spread across the world, our vast alumni network allows you to enhance your personal and professional network, developing links with like-minded professionals.
Our dedicated ULMS Alumni Relations team can help you to maximise the value of your degree by offering you access to exclusive developmental webinars, events both in the UK and overseas and free access to the University libraries and online journals.
The University of Liverpool has designated postgraduate accommodation on campus, or close to the campus. It includes the award-winning Vine Court which is adjacent to the Management School.
The city of Liverpool
Located in the North West of England, Liverpool is just over two hours train ride from London and 50 minutes from Manchester and served by Liverpool John Lennon international airport.
With a colourful history that stretches back 800 years, Liverpool today has a global reputation for sport, music and architecture, and offers a wealth of culture for our students to explore with the most museums and galleries outside of London.
Liverpool One is the largest outdoor shopping centre in the UK and the city also boasts a thriving community of independent retailers and restaurants.
The city also has a large range of pubs, clubs, bars and restaurants to choose from – a night out in Liverpool was ranked third in Rough Guides’ 50 Things to Do Before You Die, ahead of visiting the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal.
Liverpool is a very cost-effective place to live for students and one of the safest cities in the UK, it has also been voted as one of the friendliest cities in the world according to a Rough Guides survey and the Sunday Times named it the best place to live as a graduate in 2019.
You might also be surprised to find how green Liverpool is, with a wealth of beautiful city parks and a real sense of space, and only a short distance from the seaside.