University of Exeter: Psychologyhttp://www.exeter.ac.uk/lifesciences
Psychology at the University of Exeter
Why Psychology at the University of Exeter?
- Top 100 in the world for Psychology in the QS World University Rankings 2017
- 85% of research classified as world-leading or internationally excellent
- Internationally respected and fast developing social, environmental and organisational psychology research group, and a major centre for cognitive, clinical and neuroscience research
- Numerous external links with organisations including IBM, The Ministry of Defence, and a unique partnership with the NHS
- Extensive research facilities including eyetracking, EEG/ERP and TMS laboratories, audio-visual recording suite and MRI scanner
 REF 2014 based on the percentage of research categorised as 4* and 3*
Be part of our community
Psychology at Exeter has over 120 academic, research and clinical training staff, and more than 300 postgraduate students, including over 200 students registered on accredited clinical training programmes. Our staff are recognised internationally for their academic excellence, high quality research and applied output. They actively research the areas of psychology they teach, so their expertise feeds directly into our research-led programmes.
We place a strong emphasis on your personal and professional development, as well as academic performance, and are committed to providing a friendly and stimulating intellectual environment. Members of staff have strong research links with universities in other countries and there is a flourishing international community. We work in partnership with a variety of public and private sector organisations to ensure our research is relevant to policy makers. Find out more about our programmes.
Studying at our campus in Exeter
You will benefit from state-of-the-art learning, teaching and research facilities, including well-equipped workshops, specialist laboratories, an audio/visual recording suite and a dedicated postgraduate computer laboratory.
The University of Exeter has more than £1.5 million worth of scholarships for students applying to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes starting in autumn 2018.
Within Psychology, awards of up to £5,000 are available for the following programmes:
The awards will be automatically applied to outstanding applicants, and does not need to be applied for separately. If you are awarded a scholarship as part of this scheme you will be informed as part of your offer notification.
What our students say
The fact that the MSc at Exeter focuses on both social and organisational psychology was a key reason I chose to study here. I am more employable because the work I have done is applicable in a variety of fields. I also had the opportunity to give two talks at the Met Office which gave me valuable experience in public speaking.
As an international student, I think that Exeter offers the opportunity to travel within the UK and is a good start point for travelling around Europe. You have everything you need nearby yet it is cheaper than living in a major city, I also love being surrounded by countryside. I think that you get the best of both worlds.
Megan Birney, MSc Social and Organisational Psychology graduate
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
University of Exeter
Prince of Wales Road
Exeter EX4 4PS
Telephone: +44 (0)1392 725818
- Animal Behaviour (MSc)
- Applied leadership practice (MSc)
- Clinical Leadership and Transformational Service Change (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Clinical Practice (DClinPrac)
- Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Clinical Supervision of Psychological Therapies Practice (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Psychological Research Methods (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Children, Young People and Families) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapies and Approaches) (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapies and Approaches) (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Therapy) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice and Research (Systemic Therapy) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice (Children, Young People and Families) (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Psychological Therapies Practice (High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Psychological Therapies Practice (High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (MSc)
- Psychological Therapies Practice (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Psychological Therapies Practice (Low Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Psychology (MSc (Res))
- Psychology (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Social and Organisational Psychology (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here