University of Exeterhttp://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate
University of Exeter
We are a Russell Group university who consistently rank in the top 15 universities in the UK and top 150 in the world (Times Higher Education World University ranking). We score particularly highly for ‘international outlook’ and the University welcomes staff and students from over 130 countries. The experience of our overseas students is second to none: in 2017 we won the ‘International Student Choice’ award (WhatUni).
- UK’s fastest growing research university1
- 98 per cent of our research is of international quality and we have world-leading research and impact in all subjects (REF 2014)
- At the forefront of global collaboration, actively supporting our staff and students to build working relationships with counterparts overseas
Funded PhD studentships across all our subject areas
Each year we make over 100 funded PhD studentships available across all our subject areas. This is in addition to numerous self-funded projects and PhDs where you can select your topic of interest. You can view our current projects available or browse our research topic webpages.
An exceptional PhD experience
- Exceptional support through our Doctoral Training partnerships, academic colleges and university-wide Doctoral College
- A dynamic and engaging atmosphere: 30% of academic staff are early career researchers
- Fantastic campuses within easy reach of the coast, moorland and countryside of Devon and Cornwall
A Masters degree from a top university
Masters students benefit from our research strengths as often are lecturers are also our researchers – those writing the books and research papers. The teaching and knowledge received is at the forefront of knowledge and you will benefit from access to the latest thinking, equipment and resources.
Putting Masters degrees in reach of many
The academic entry requirements for Masters degrees are often a 2:1 Honours (or equivalent) from any recognised institution. This – combined with scholarships and the Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme – opens up the opportunity for a University of Exeter Masters degree to many graduates.
Why choose Exeter?
- One of the world's top universities in an exceptional location in South West England
- A member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
- Streatham Campus is a registered botanic garden covering 370 acres
- The Penryn Campus covers 100 acres at the heart of the living laboratory that is Cornwall
- An inspiring and supportive environment in which to study for a Masters or PhD degree.
Postgraduate Open Days
Find out more about our postgraduate open days
1 based on research income between 07/08 to 16/17 (187% growth over period, £24.5m to £70.2m). This excludes R&D tax credits income.
- Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies
- Management Studies
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mining and Minerals Engineering
- Modern Languages
- PGCE courses
- Sociology, Philosophy and Anthropology
- Sport and Health Sciences
- University of Exeter Medical School
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here