The University of Exeter combines world-class research with excellent student satisfaction, from our campuses in the South West of England, in Exeter and Cornwall. We are one of the very few universities to be both a member of the Russell Group and have a Gold award from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), evidence of our established international reputation for excellence in both teaching and research.
Our success is built on a strong partnership with our students and a clear focus on high performance.
- 98 per cent of our research is of international quality and we have world-leading research and impact in all subjects (REF 2014)
- 9th in Europe for scientific performance by CWTS Leiden
- At the forefront of global collaboration, actively supporting our staff and students to build working relationships with counterparts overseas
- Our research is incredibly diverse, but we have particular expertise in
- The climate emergency and sustainability
- Identities and beliefs
- The future of work
Funded PhD studentships across all our subject areas
Each year we make over 100 funded PhD studentships available across all our subject areas. This is in addition to numerous self-funded projects and PhDs where you can select your topic of interest. You can view our current projects available or browse our research topic webpages.
An exceptional PhD experience
- Exceptional support through our Doctoral Training partnerships, academic colleges and university-wide Doctoral College
- A dynamic and engaging atmosphere with outstanding facilities
- Fantastic campuses within easy reach of the coast, moorland and countryside of Devon and Cornwall
A Masters degree from a top university
Our research is at the heart of what we do – it creates the textbooks you study and the lectures you attend, so you’re always engaging with the latest thinking and discoveries. You will also benefit from our excellent facilities and laboratories for science technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine as well as humanities and social sciences across all of our campuses.
Putting Masters degrees in reach of many
The academic entry requirements for Masters degrees are often a 2:1 Honours (or equivalent) from any recognised institution. This – combined with scholarships and the Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme – opens up the opportunity for a University of Exeter Masters degree to many graduates.
Why choose Exeter?
- One of the world's top universities in an exceptional location in South West England
- A member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
- Streatham Campus is a registered botanic garden covering 370 acres
- The Penryn Campus covers 100 acres at the heart of the living laboratory that is Cornwall
- An inspiring and supportive environment in which to study for a Masters or PhD degree.
Find out more: Postgraduate Open Days
Our online Open Days provide the opportunity to see some exciting tours of our campuses, gather information about your programme of study or general area of interest, and talk to staff from our Student Support teams such as Accommodation, Admissions and Finance as well as current students and academic staff. Reserve your place today. We look forward to meeting you.