University of Strathclyde: Investment & Finance
|Institution||University of Strathclyde View institution profile|
|Department||Accounting and Finance View department profile|
|Telephone||0141 553 6118|
The MSc Investment & Finance is for those wanting to develop careers in areas such as security analysis, portfolio analysis and investment management.
The course provides you with a comprehensive education in the theory of finance. It also covers the various techniques and analytical tools used by investment professionals in practical decision-taking.
The course will provide you with
- an understanding of financial theory and analysis
- an appreciation of the nature of financial markets and institutions
- a working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis
- an understanding of the techniques and concepts employed in the valuation of bonds and equities
- an ability to develop portfolios and investment strategies to meet risk-return objectives
- an understanding of derivatives – options, futures, swaps
- an understanding of the quantitative analysis and techniques employed in finance.
|Level||SCQF Level 11|
Second-class Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject with a strong quantitative component. Applications are also considered from students with appropriate professional qualifications and relevant practical experience.
|Location||University of Strathclyde|
16 Richmond Street
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde is now Scotland’s third largest university, and one of the largest in the UK, with a world-wide reputation for its teaching and research. We comprise five faculties – Arts and Social Studies, Business, Education, Engineering and Science – and have a total student population of around 14,000. Around 2500 students are at postgraduate level, and a high proportion of the student population is aged 21 years or over. Currently, Strathclyde has over 100,000 alumni around the globe.
Located in Glasgow, Strathclyde Business School is one of the largest institutions of ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, Finance, Banking or Investment, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here