University of Portsmouth: MBA Strategic Leadership
|Institution||University of Portsmouth View institution profile|
|Department||Faculty of Business and Law|
|Telephone||023 9284 2991|
This part-time MBA Strategic Leadership course for working professionals prepares you for senior leadership and management roles in private, public and third-sector organisations.
As well as developing your leadership, management and entrepreneurial capabilities, you’ll build expertise in key business areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll network and share ideas with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your current role, boosting your performance and increasing your impact.
After you complete the course, you can apply to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to become a Chartered Member (CMg MCMI) or a Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), depending on your experience. You’ll accelerate your career progression and have the skills, knowledge and confidence to go into senior management and leadership positions in roles such as chief executive, general manager or finance director. You could also launch your own business.
**Degree apprenticeship option**
You can do this Strategic Leadership MBA as a degree apprenticeship. If you choose this option, you'll attend University on day release from your job and your employer and the Government pay your tuition fees.
**What you'll experience**
On this MBA course, you'll:
* Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
* Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
* Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
* Hone your analytical and research skills and bring together your knowledge and learning by doing an integrated strategy project
* Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
* Participate in a Leadership in Action Forum to assess your strengths and opportunities as a leader
* Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events sponsored by the Faculty of Business and Law
* Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
* Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
* Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
You can review and refine your career plans throughout the programme with support from course tutors, and Careers and Employability staff. The course also includes a leadership development workshop and our Careers and Employability team can support you with starting and growing a business.
After you leave the University, you can continue to get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability team as you advance in your career.
**Careers and opportunities**
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to fulfil your career ambitions, in your current company and beyond.
Recruiters for roles that require specialist knowledge or research skills, including senior leadership roles and business consultancy, particularly target those with higher level qualifications such as the MBA.
Previous MBA graduates have progressed to roles including:
* chief executive
* global director
* programme manager
* business consultant
* finance director
Other graduates have used their entrepreneurial skills to start up businesses as well.
You can apply through the ‘qualified route' to become a Chartered Member (CMg MCMI) or a Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), depending on your experience, when you complete the course.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level. Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply. Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
What you'll study
Strategic Leadership and Change
We use the best and most current research and professional practice alongside feedback from our students to make sure course content is relevant to your future career or further studies.
Therefore, some course content may change over time to reflect changes in the discipline or industry.
ASK provides one-to-one support in areas such as:
Winston Churchill Avenue
|EU||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|England||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|Channel Islands||8800 GBP for Year 1|
|International||8800 GBP for Year 1|
University of Portsmouth
We are the University of Portsmouth: a new breed of university, dedicated to your personal growth and development. Our horizons are broad. Our instinct is to explore. Our promise is to inspire.
Taught qualification or independent research? On-campus teaching or online part-time study? At Portsmouth, you can choose from a wide range of subjects and modes of study.
- No.21 university in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- Outstanding Gold-rated teaching for our students (TEF)
- Dedicated Graduate School supporting all research students
- Top 25% of universities for postgraduate research student experience (PRES Postgraduate Research Experience ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business administration, Leadership, Strategic management or Strategic studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here