University of Portsmouth: MBA Strategic Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship)
|Institution||University of Portsmouth View institution profile|
|Department||Faculty of Business and Law|
Are you a senior manager who wants to develop your knowledge and skills to MBA level or are you looking to progress into a senior management role in the future?
This part-time degree apprenticeship for people with professional experience prepares you for senior leadership and management roles in private, public and third-sector organisations. It doesn't cost you anything because the Government and your employer pay your fees.
You'll study on day release from your job. You'll develop your leadership and entrepreneurial capabilities and build expertise in areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll study with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your job.
Graduates can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) following completion of the programme.
**Part-time MBA option**
You can also do this Strategic Leadership MBA as a standard part-time MBA. This option isn't funded by the Government's apprenticeship levy, but it is eligible for some postgraduate funding such as a postgraduate student loan.
**What you'll experience**
On this MBA degree apprenticeship course, you'll:
* Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
* Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
* Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
* Hone your analytical and research skills
* Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
* Participate in a Leadership in Action Forum to assess your strengths and opportunities as a leader
* Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events
* Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
* Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
* Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
You can review and refine your career plans throughout the programme with support from course tutors, and Careers and Employability staff. The course also includes a leadership development workshop.
After you leave the University, you can continue to get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability team as you advance in your career.
**Careers and opportunities**
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to fulfil your career ambitions, in your current company and beyond.
Recruiters for roles that need specialist knowledge or research skills, including senior leadership roles and business consultancy, particularly target those with higher level qualifications such as the MBA.
Previous MBA graduates have progressed to roles including:
* chief executive
* global director
* general manager
* programme manager
* business consultant
* finance director
Other graduates have used their entrepreneurial skills to start up businesses.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level. Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply. Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.
Winston Churchill Avenue
University of Portsmouth
We are the University of Portsmouth: a new breed of university, dedicated to your personal growth and development. Our horizons are broad. Our instinct is to explore. Our promise is to inspire.
Taught qualification or independent research? On-campus teaching or online part-time study? At Portsmouth, you can choose from a wide range of subjects and modes of study.
- No.21 university in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- Outstanding Gold-rated teaching for our students (TEF)
- Dedicated Graduate School supporting all research students
- 82% satisfaction with research degree experience (PRES POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH EXPERIENCE SURVEY 2019)
- Master ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business administration, Leadership, Strategic management or Strategic studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here