find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Environment and Sustainable Development
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||Adam Smith Business School View department profile|
This multi-disciplinary programme is designed for those wanting to pursue a career in environmental project management. It will give you the tools to apply economic analysis to a range of environmental management problems with a focus on developing countries. You will gain a scientific perspective on how environmental and resource constraints impact upon development.
- Environment & Sustainable Development will provide you with a good understanding of:
- the key issues confronting economies in attempting to reconcile economic growth with environmental and ecological constraints
- the relationship between environment and the economic system with an emphasis on environmental valuation, cost-benefit analysis, market and policy failure, trade and the environment, the economics of pollution control and climate change
- the role of international environmental agreements
- This programme provides the empirical tools, data, and STATA software training that will enable students to investigate economic development and to prepare an independent empirical analysis.
- You will have access to all conferences and seminars hosted by the Glasgow Centre for International Development. This means you will be exposed to interdisciplinary research and approaches to development in the fields of medicine, veterinary medicine, environmental management, sustainability, or education.
- The Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by developing enlightened, enterprising and engaged graduates and internationally-recognised research with real social impact.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
You will take:
- 3 core courses (3 courses listed below plus a dissertation), and
- 3 optional courses
A pre-sessional refresher course in economics is also available for those who wish to revise their economics. This non-credit bearing course takes place during induction week.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS
- SUSTAINABILITY AND GREEN FINANCE
- THEORY AND PRINCIPLES OF SUSTAINABILITY
- DISSERTATION GCDS
- AID AND DEVELOPMENT
- BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS:THEORY AND APPLICATIONS
- DEVELOPMENT POLICY
- THE ECONOMICS OF INEQUALITY AND DEPRIVATION
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MARKETS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- POLICIES FOR SUSTAINABILITY AND DEVELOPMENT
- UNDERSTANDING DEVELOPMENT: A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH
- THE ECONOMICS OF MIGRATION*
- HEALTH ECONOMICS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES*
*potential new course for 2022 - subject to change/approval.
Euro-Asian MBA-MSC Programme
The Euro-Asian MBA-MSc programme is an exciting partnership designed in collaboration with Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). The programme aims to provide you with a rigorous and comprehensive general management curriculum from the perspectives of South East Asian and European academics and practitioners; including a minimum of one month work placement with our industry partners in Malaysia.
The Euro-Asian programme is a two year degree, with your first year spent studying in Malaysia on the USM MBA programme. In your second year, you will have the opportunity to travel to Glasgow to study one of the three MSc programmes on offer: Corporate Governance & Accountability; Environment & Sustainable Development; or International Strategic Marketing.
- £23,500 for two years
Application for the programme:
- Year 1 via USM MBA application
- Year 2 via University of Glasgow MSc application
Find out more
- Adam Smith Business School: Euro-Asian MBA-MSC programme
The programme is designed to equip you for a career as professional planning staff in private or public sector organisations concerned with the design and implementation of environmental policies, environmental issues in international agencies or research.
Recent graduates have been employed as development practitioners and environmental policy analysts for organisations such as BP, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and public sector bodies.
We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
University of Glasgow
Adam Smith Business School
The University of Glasgow’s Adam Smith Business School has the triple crown of accreditation and is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, evidence of our credibility and performance worldwide. In 2019, the School was also recognised by the Athena Swan Charter, achieving a Bronze Award for gender equality. In 2020, the Adam Smith Business School became an advanced signatory of the United Nations Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME). This signals our commitment to promote sustainability and responsible management in our teaching, research and practice.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is …
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here