find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
UCL (University College London)
London’s Global University
Change the World Around You
UCL is a top-ranked university with life-changing research and a progressive approach to academia, making it different from the rest. At UCL, postgraduate students learn by doing—shaping the world around them with a hands-on approach. Innovators, industry disruptors, thinkers and magic-makers choose UCL to jump right into postgraduate studies across hundreds of programmes.
Register Your Interest
Where Novel Thinking is Nurtured and Encouraged
UCL is a diverse community with the freedom to challenge, to question and to think differently. Our community pursues academic excellence, breaks boundaries and makes a positive impact on real-world problems.
An Academic Powerhouse
UCL is 8th in the world in the “QS World University Rankings 2022.”
There have been 30 Nobel laureates among its former staff and students; a winner in every decade since the Prize started.
World-Leading Research University
At the very heart of UCL’s mission is our research. We were rated the top university in the UK for research strength in the last “Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014).”
We offer over 675 postgraduate taught, research and initial teacher education programmes across a wide range of disciplines, and encourage our community to work across traditional subject boundaries.
UCL's research-based teaching methodology means that research is integrated into many of our degrees and students have the opportunity to make an original contribution to their field of study. Explore the inspiring projects taking place around UCL, here.
London’s Global University
UCL sits at the heart of one of the world’s most dynamic cities, meaning you are perfectly placed to take advantage of everything London has to offer. View our location here.
We were the first university in England to welcome women to university education, and the first university in England to welcome students of any religion or social background.
UCL has 18,000 students from outside the UK, with over 150 countries represented—providing a truly global perspective.
Disruptive Thinking Since 1826
For nearly two centuries we’ve confronted humanity’s biggest issues, and today we continue our heritage of disruptive thinking.
Through our research, many minds at UCL work together to improve lives and communities and create real-world impact.
At UCL we know that students choose to enter graduate study for a myriad of reasons, and we are deeply committed to supporting our student’s aspirations and enhancing their skills and employability.
UCL Careers Service helps students to find their perfect career, develop their professional skills or start their own business through one-to-one guidance and events, as well as a variety of career information.
Recruitment and networking events help students improve their knowledge of a particular industry sector and specific employers. For students interested in starting a business, UCL Innovation and Enterprise gives expert advice and practical support, as well as networking opportunities.
If you want to find out more about the impact that our ground-breaking research and discoveries have on people, lives and communities, listen to our #MadeatUCL Disruptive Discoveries podcast. We bring you closer to the researchers answering life’s big questions—from green infrastructure, to artificial intelligence, space exploration, to treating cancer.
Explore episodes of #MadeatUCL Disruptive Discoveries here.
- Arts and Sciences
- Bartlett School of Architecture
- Bartlett School of Environment, Energy & Resources
- Bartlett School of Planning
- Bartlett School of Sustainable Construction
- Biochemical Engineering
- Brain Sciences
- Cancer Institute
- Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Centre for Multidisciplinary & Intercultural Inquiry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
- Computer Science
- Culture, Communication & Media
- Curriculum, Pedagogy & Assessment
- Development Planning Unit
- Division of Biosciences
- Division of Infection & Immunity
- Division of Medicine
- Division of Psychiatry
- Division of Psychology & Language Sciences
- Division of Surgery & Interventional Science
- Ear Institute
- Earth Sciences
- Eastman Dental Institute
- Education, Practice & Society
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Institute for Women's Health
- Energy Institute
- English Language & Literature
- Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
- Greek & Latin
- Hebrew & Jewish Studies
- History of Art
- Information Studies
- Institute for Global Health
- Institute for Global Prosperity
- Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Institute for Sustainable Heritage
- Institute for Sustainable Resources
- Institute of Archaeology
- Institute of Cardiovascular Science
- Institute of Clinical Trials and Methodology
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Epidemiology and Health Care
- Institute of Health Informatics
- Institute of Ophthalmology
- Institute of the Americas
- Learning & Leadership
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Physics & Biomedical Engineering
- Physics & Astronomy
- Political Science
- Psychology & Human Development
- School of European Languages, Culture & Society
- School of Pharmacy
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Public Policy
- Science & Technology Studies
- Security & Crime Science
- Single Tier Structure
- Slade School of Fine Art
- Space & Climate Physics
- SSEES - School of Slavonic & East European Studies
- Statistical Science
- UCL Medical School
- UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
- UCL School of Management
- UCL Social Research Institute
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here