Cardiff University is ranked 15 in the UK and is in the top 150 in the world. It is a member of the elite Russell Group of top UK research-led universities. Founded in 1883, many of the University’s academic schools are ranked amongst the strongest in the UK for their research and many of our courses are in the top 5 and top 10 in the latest league tables. Teaching at the University was given the highest possible award in the last UK government review and the University’s degree programmes are also recognised by more than 40 professional bodies.
Cardiff University is in the process of building its third campus: the science and innovation campus in Maindy Park, which will ultimately showcase the University’s academic excellence in research and postgraduate education.
The brand new Hadyn Ellis Building will house highly advanced facilities for some of the University’s world-leading interdisciplinary scientific teams. The ground floor will serve as a lecture and exhibition space built with public access in mind. Two of the University’s Research Institutes will occupy this building: The European Cancer Stem Cell Research Institute and the Neurosciences and Mental Health Research Institute.
The University has 14 libraries and 25 IT suites, some of which are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Cochrane Building currently houses facilities for all five healthcare schools in the Heath Campus. State of the art simulation labs, clinical skills labs, student work spaces, modern IT equipment and 24 hour libraries are just a few great features of this space.
Described as the ‘epitome’ of cool by Lonely Planet, Cardiff is a young and vibrant city which was named ‘European Capital of Sport’ for 2014. It hosts major sporting events yearly in its 70,000 seated Millenium Stadium and world-class gigs are played here. Popular TV shows like ‘Dr Who’ and ‘Sherlock’ are also filmed in Cardiff.
Cardiff is in one of the safest regions in the UK and has more than 330 parks and gardens. The impressive Cardiff Castle overlooks the city of Cardiff and is only a 5-minute walk from campus.
The National Museum Cardiff, which is just down the road from our Cathays Campus, is home to one of the best impressionist art collections outside Paris, boasting works by Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh and Cezanne.
Honours and Distinctions
- 2 Nobel Prize winners
- 9 Fellows of the Royal Society
- 10 Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- 5 Fellows of the British Academy
- 20 Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- 4 Academicians of the Academy of Social Sciences
For a full list of honours and distinctions, please see: www.cardiff.ac.uk/about
Funding and Scholarships
In recognition of the outstanding talent of many international students, Cardiff University offers a highly prestigious International Scholarship Fund, designed to reward and attract the best international students. Please visit our website for the most up to date funding opportunities.
The University has 15 residences, each with different facilities, in different locations and at different costs. Your choices include:
- single or mixed accommodation
- private or shared bathrooms
- self-catered or fully catered (with vegetarian options)
- a variety of social and sporting facilities
For a full comparison list of all our residences, please see: www.cardiff.ac.uk/residences
Postgraduate Recruitment Office
Deri House, 2-4 Park Grove
Tel: +44 (0)2920 870084
- Cardiff Business School
- Cardiff Law School
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education
- School of Biosciences
- School of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science and Informatics
- School of Dentistry
- School of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of English, Communication and Philosophy
- School of Geography and Planning
- School of Healthcare Sciences
- School of History, Archaeology and Religion
- School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
- School of Mathematics
- School of Medicine
- School of Modern Languages
- School of Music
- School of Optometry and Vision Sciences
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Psychology
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Welsh
- Welsh School of Architecture
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here