Cardiff University is an ambitious, innovative and vibrant university, ranked in the top 150 universities in the world. We are the only Russell Group University in Wales and are incredibly proud of our diverse community, with over 31,000 students enrolled, representing more than 100 countries.
Academic life at Cardiff University is challenging and rewarding, with our students being taught by leading academics in over 200 taught Masters’, diplomas and certificates across the University. We also offer a selection of part-time study postgraduate courses and standalone modules in a number of subject areas.
94% of both our UK, fulltime, Postgraduate Research and Postgraduate Taught students were in employment and/or further study six months after graduation. (DLHE survey, 2015/16).
The University prides itself on offering a vast selection of state-of-the-art research and study spaces for its students, providing library facilities which are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and numerous IT suites.
Committed to investing in our offering, Cardiff University is home to new and well-equipped laboratories, lecture theatres, libraries and computing facilities to name a few, with more exciting developments continuously underway.
In particular, we are in the process of building our third campus: the science and innovation campus in Maindy Park, which will showcase the University’s academic excellence in research and postgraduate education.
The first stage of this development saw the completion of the Hadyn Ellis building and the Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre (CUBRIC).
Bustling with personality, Cardiff is a city made for students, offering an endless string of entertainment opportunities while remaining inexpensive and easy to navigate.
Cardiff is a compact city with an enormous character. Nestled between the rugged coastline and breathtaking mountainous scenery of Wales, the country’s capital is a cornucopia of culture, marrying historical delights with cosmopolitan amenities.
Boasting an incredible live music scene, an exciting and independent-led culinary culture and hosting a range of huge sporting events, Cardiff is not shy of things to do. Combine this with the beautiful castle which occupies the city centre, the National Museum, and one of the top 10 most beautiful University campuses in the UK, and you can see why Wales’ capital city puts across a compelling argument for students to study here.
Honours and Distinctions
Our academics and researchers have won many honours and awards in recognition of their innovations and discoveries. These include, but are not limited to:
- 2 Nobel Prize winners
- 9 Fellows of the Royal Society
- 10 Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- 5 Fellows of the British Academy
- 20 Fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences
- 4 Academicians of the Academy of Social Sciences
Funding and Scholarships
In recognition of the outstanding talent of many international students, Cardiff University offers a highly prestigious International Scholarship Fund, designed to reward and attract the best international students.
We also offer a Master’s Excellence Scholarship Scheme, committed to investing up to a total of £500,000 to support home and EU students who are planning to start an eligible master’s programme with us.
The University has 15 student residences available, each with different facilities, in different locations and at different costs. Your choices include:
- single or mixed accommodation
- private or shared bathrooms
- self-catered or fully catered (with vegetarian options)
- a variety of social and sporting facilities
Friary House, Greyfriars Road
Cardiff, CF10 3AE
Tel: +44 (0)2920 874432
- Cardiff Business School
- Cardiff Law School
- Department of Politics and International Relations
- Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education
- School of Chemistry
- School of Computer Science and Informatics
- School of Dentistry
- School of Earth and Ocean Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of English, Communication and Philosophy
- School of Geography and Planning
- School of Healthcare Sciences
- School of History, Archaeology and Religion
- School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
- School of Mathematics
- School of Medicine
- School of Modern Languages
- School of Music
- School of Optometry and Vision Sciences
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Psychology
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Welsh
- Welsh School of Architecture
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here