University of Nottingham: School of Bioscienceshttp://www.nottingham.ac.uk/science/home.aspx
University of Nottingham: Faculty of Science
Discover Science at Nottingham
Science at Nottingham offers you a world of opportunities to work with acclaimed scientists, develop exceptional skills and translate new ideas into life-changing solutions. Where internationally recognised research spans expansive topics including quantum physics, plant genomics, human imaging, sustainable chemistry, neuroscience, mathematical modelling and beyond. We work closely with industry on training the next generation of scientists and collaborate worldwide ensuring our research has societal impact.
Specialise beyond your undergraduate degree and gain the highest levels of knowledge, innovation and skills sought after by employers. Start by exploring our postgraduate taught and research opportunities within our seven diverse schools.
School of Chemistry
With a strong reputation for excellence in both teaching and research, the School of Chemistry boasts a thriving research environment with 160 postgraduate students and 60 post-doctoral fellows from all corners of the globe.
95% of the school’s research is recognised as internationally excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
School of Physics and Astronomy
Students have been coming to Nottingham to learn about physics since the University was founded in 1881. The first professor was Sir Ambrose Fleming, of left and right-hand rule fame, who insisted that good teaching and high-quality original research were to have equal priority; a balance that we still strive to maintain.
Ranked joint third in the UK for research (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
School of Psychology
With a commitment to generating and sharing knowledge that fuels our understanding of human behaviour, the School of Psychology provides an inspiring research environment for the scientific study of the mind and brain.
The school is ranked top 10 in the UK for research power (Research Excellence framework, 2014).
School of Computer Science
Computer science changes at an incredible speed. Based at our innovative Jubilee Campus, the School of Computer Science benefits from exclusive access to state-of-the-art facilities, and the latest techniques and technologies. Our researchers cover a broad spectrum of computer science topics including artificial intelligence, data mining, modern optimisation, and ubiquitous computation.
Ranked top 10 in the UK for research power (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
School of Pharmacy
Established in 1925, the School of Pharmacy has an exceptional reputation recognised for leading the UK in the training of future Pharmacists. Every year, our school welcomes around 45 new postgraduate students from all over the world.
Ranked 6th in the world for pharmacy and pharmacology (QS World Rankings, 2017).
Top school in the UK offering MPharm programmes (QS World Rankings, 2017).
School of Mathematical Sciences
Mathematics is the language of science, technology and finance. Our postgraduate programmes are designed to equip you with high-level analytical skills that open the door to a wide range of careers. As a maths postgraduate at Nottingham you will join a thriving department where researchers are making discoveries and pushing traditional boundaries.
The school sits in the top 10 nationally within Mathematical Sciences for research power (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
School of Biosciences
Based at our Sutton Bonington Campus, the school benefits from state-of-the-art research facilities, including purpose-built plant, food science and bio-energy buildings, specialised laboratories, university farm and dairy centre.
Ranked no.1 research environment in the UK for agriculture, veterinary and food science (Research Excellence Framework, 2014).
Explore our postgraduate programmes.
Tel: +44 (0)115 951 5559
- Advanced Dietetic Practice (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil/Master of Research - MRes)
- Agrifood (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Animal Nutrition (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Animal Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Applied Biomolecular Technology for the Biopharmaceutical, Food and Biotechnology Industries (MSc)
- Applied Biomolecular Technology in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Biotechnology Industries (MSc)
- Applied Biopharmaceutical Biotechnology and Entrepreneurship (MSc)
- Biotechnology (MSc)
- Brewing (Principles and Practice) (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Brewing Science (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Brewing Science (Master of Research - MRes)
- Brewing Science and Practice (MSc)
- Clinical Nutrition (MSc)
- Crop Improvement (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Food Production Management (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Food Science and Engineering (Master of Research - MRes)
- Food Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Industrial Physical Biochemistry (Master of Research - MRes)
- Nutritional Sciences (Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Nutritional Sciences (MSc)
- Plant and Crop Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Sensory Science (Master of Research - MRes)
- Sensory Science (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here