University of Leeds: School of Educationhttps://essl.leeds.ac.uk/education
University of Leeds
School of Education
Why study Education at Leeds?
The School of Education is home to a close international community of staff and students, all of whom are seeking to make an impact through education. We are in the Top 15 in the UK for Education according to the QS World Rankings by Subject 2019. Our diverse range of high quality programmes are informed by cutting-edge research, relevant to professional contexts in the UK and beyond.
The University of Leeds is ranked in the top 100 in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2020, and was previously University of the Year in 2017 according to The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide.
Our collaborations with research and teaching partners across the globe have resulted in an internationally renowned reputation. Our research and teaching areas include: Childhood, Education and Social Justice; Language Education; Curriculum, Pedagogy and Policy and Digital Education.
We welcome applications for postgraduate research into any of the above areas. Research degrees are available at the following levels: Doctor of Education (EdD); and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
We have a broad range of specialist teaching programmes across all levels and subjects. We also offer a range of full-time, part-time and distance learning programmes, including:
- MA Childhood Studies
- MA Education
- MA Digital Education
- MA Leadership and Digital Education
- MA International Education Leadership and Policy
- PGCert Provision for Children with Developmental Disorders
- MA Special Educational Needs
- MA Deaf Education by Blended Distance Learning (Teacher of the Deaf Qualification)
- PGDip Deaf Education
- MEd TESOL
- MA TESOL
- MA TESOL Studies
- MA TESOL (China)
- MA TESOL and ICT
- MA TESOL for Young Learners
- MA TESOL Teacher Education
What our Students Say
Find out what previous students have said about studying in the School of Education:
“Leeds has given me a memorable university experience that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life. It has been a rejuvenating experience for me as an experienced teacher, and the support and guidance that my teachers offered was immense.”
Jaseena Faisal, MEd Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
“As part of the course I was given the opportunity to do an internship with the Child Friendly City Team within Leeds City Council. The internship enabled me to develop many skills, and has given me career ideas.”
Imogen Wilson, MA Childhood Studies
Find out what our students say about studying in the School of Education; read our student profiles.
Scholarships and Bursaries
The School of Education and the University of Leeds offer a number of scholarships for international and UK/EU students. For more information see our scholarships pages.
An International Community
Each year we welcome a large group of international students from across the world. With around 9,000 students from outside the UK studying at the University, student support services are excellent. With pre-departure briefings in many countries, meet-and-greet schemes and induction programmes on arrival, we do everything we can to help new students settle into university life. For further information on our agents and international offices, please our international pages.
If you are a single student from outside the EU, the University will guarantee you a place in University accommodation (provided you return your accommodation application form and your deposit before the relevant deadlines). If you want accommodation for yourself and your partner or family, we do have some suitable accommodation. Find out more.
Leeds is a vibrant city which boasts a reputation as a student-friendly location. At the heart of Yorkshire, Leeds hosts a mix of culture and entertainment, from theatres, galleries, restaurants, bars, clubs, cafes and stunning local countryside, there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. Find out more.
School of Education
University of Leeds
Telephone: +44 (0)113 343 4602
- Childhood Studies (MA)
- Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf) (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf Qualification) (MA)
- Digital Education (MA)
- Education (MA)
- International Education Leadership and Policy (MA)
- Leadership and Digital Education (MA)
- Provision for Children with Developmental Disorders (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Special Educational Needs (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MA/MEd)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Information Communications Technology (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (China) (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages for Young Learners (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Studies (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Teacher Education (MA)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here