University of Leeds: School of Educationhttps://essl.leeds.ac.uk/education
University of Leeds
School of Education
Why study Education at Leeds?
The School of Education is home to a close international community of staff and students, all of whom are seeking to make an impact through education. Our diverse range of high quality programmes are informed by cutting-edge research, relevant to professional contexts in the UK and beyond.
The University of Leeds is ranked in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Rankings 2020), and is ranked top 50 in the world (and top 10 in the UK) for Education (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020).
Our collaborations with research and teaching partners across the globe have resulted in an internationally renowned reputation. Our research and teaching areas include: Inclusion, Childhood and Youth; Language Education; Curriculum, Pedagogy and Policy and Digital Education.
We welcome applications for postgraduate research into any of our research areas. We offer the following research degrees:
We have a broad range of specialist taught programmes, which are made up of full-time, part-time and distance learning options:
- MA Childhood Studies
- MA Education
- MA Digital Education (Online Distance Learning)
- MA Leadership and Digital Education
- MA International Education Leadership and Policy
- PGCert Provision for Children with Developmental Disorders
- MA Special Educational Needs
- MA Deaf Education by Blended Distance Learning (Teacher of the Deaf Qualification)
- PGDip Deaf Education by Blended Distance Learning (Teacher of the Deaf Qualification)
- MEd TESOL
- MA TESOL
- MA TESOL Studies
- MA TESOL (China)
- MA TESOL and ICT
- MA TESOL for Young Learners
- MA TESOL Teacher Education
What our Students Say
Find out what previous students have said about studying in the School of Education:
“Leeds has given me a memorable university experience that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life. It has been a rejuvenating experience for me as an experienced teacher, and the support and guidance that my teachers offered was immense.”
Jaseena Faisal, MEd Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
“I loved the course. The lecturers leading the MA Childhood Studies are among some of the best in their field. I particularly enjoyed learning about the origins of the field and the sociology of childhood, and the breadth of the course allowed me to explore new areas.” Catriona Duncan, MA Childhood Studies
Find out what our students say about studying in the School of Education; read our student profiles.
Scholarships and Bursaries
The School of Education and the University of Leeds often have a number of scholarships available for international and UK students. For more information see our scholarships pages.
An International Community
Each year we welcome a large group of international students from across the world. With around 9,000 students from outside the UK studying at the University, student support services are excellent. With pre-departure briefings in many countries, meet-and-greet schemes and induction programmes on arrival, we do everything we can to help new students settle into university life. For further information on our agents and international offices, please our international pages.
If you are from outside of the UK, new to Leeds and require single-occupancy accommodation, the University will guarantee you a place in University accommodation (provided you apply by the relevant accommodation deadline). If you want accommodation for yourself and your partner or family, we do also have some limited family accommodation options. Find out more.
Leeds is a vibrant city which boasts a reputation as a student-friendly location. At the heart of Yorkshire, Leeds hosts a mix of culture, entertainment and stunning local countryside, so there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. Find out more.
School of Education
University of Leeds
Telephone: +44 (0)113 343 4602
- Childhood Studies (MA)
- Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf) (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Deaf Education (Teacher of the Deaf Qualification) (MA)
- Digital Education (MA)
- Education (MA)
- International Education Leadership and Policy (MA)
- Leadership and Digital Education (MA)
- Provision for Children with Developmental Disorders (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Special Educational Needs (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MA/MEd)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Information Communications Technology (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (China) (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages for Young Learners (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Studies (MA)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Teacher Education (MA)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here