Queen's University Belfast: Queen's Management Schoolhttps://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/AHSS/
Queen’s University Belfast
The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
A Community of Scholars
We are a busy, multidisciplinary community of learners, dedicated to using the wide range of subjects on the arts and humanities to make a difference in lives locally, nationally and internationally.
We are home to some 7600 students and 700 academic and support staff who work in five Schools – Arts, English and Languages, History, Anthropology, Philosophy and Politics, Law, Management and Social Sciences, Education and Social Work – and a Global Research Institute, the Senator George J. Mitchell Institute for Global Peace, Security and Justice.
World Class Facilities
Our work takes place in an attractive and well-connected estate in the heart of the vibrant city of Belfast, with world class facilities including:
- School of Law – a state of the art new building with innovative teaching spaces including an interactive Moot Court and a One-Button Studio for students to hone advocacy and presentation skills.
- Bloomberg Trading Room - students have access to the Bloomberg professional service, and to Oxyor, a trading simulation, which puts them in a dealing room hot seat.
- Sonic Arts Research Laboratory – world’s only ‘auditory equivalent of an IMAX cinema’ with 48 loudspeakers in a specialist acoustic space and recording studio. The centre also has two 8-channel surround sound studios and 3 stereo studios.
- Brian Friel Theatre - a 120 seat studio theatre, rehearsal room, dressing rooms, green room and workshop.
- Film Studio - a new facility that boasts a broadcast approved LED lighting system with custom made Doughty hoists. Adjacent film, television editing and grading suites are all connected with a fiber network.
- Queen’s Film Theatre - a two screen cinema with a combined seating of over 300.
- Harty Room Concert Hall - a hammer-beam vaulted roof and warm acoustic space, seating 120, with two full-concert Steinway grand pianos, a double-manual harpsichord, fortepiano, chamber organ and many percussion instruments.
Explore the Campus
Leading Global Research
The Senator George J Mitchell Institute for Global Peace, Security and Justice is a global leader that brings around 70 researchers from all parts of the Faculty, and wider University, to address some of the most challenging issues facing the world today. Similarly networked across the Faculty and University is our agenda-setting Centre for Evidence and Social Innovation seeks to find innovative solutions to key societal challenges, using robust evidence to make a difference to the lives of children and their families and communities. The Seamus Heaney Centre is a vital and creative home for writers of poetry and for the stage and screen. We are members of AHRC and ESRC Doctoral Training Partnerships and home to a Nuffield-funded Q-Step initiative, supporting innovation in teaching and research of quantitative research methods.
A Commitment to Excellence
Across these initiatives and more we are proud of the work of our students and staff, which has been recognised by many others for its quality: Performing Arts is ranked in the QS top 50, English in the QS top 100 and Law in the QS top 200; Modern Languages was third and Education fourth in the UK for research intensity in REF 2014. Queen’s lecturers are respected academic leaders in their fields, working with well-qualified and enthusiastic students to grow knowledge and understanding of pressing social and cultural questions and problems.
With a huge range of postgraduate programmes on offer, as well as a vibrant postgraduate research culture, we are sure you will find opportunities to both challenge and inspire you, as well as equipping you with the first-class skills and knowledge to excel in your chosen career.
If you’ve any questions on joining the Faculty we’d love to help – get in touch with the team on email@example.com / +44 (0)28 9097 2558.
Hear from our students
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here