Queen's University Belfast: School of Biological Scienceshttp://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/MHLS/PGSol
Queen’s University Belfast
Faculty of Medicine, Health & Life Sciences
The Faculty of Medicine, Health & Life Sciences at Queen’s University has a reputation for excellence in education and research - a reputation which is reflected in our position in the Top 200 Universities in the World for 2021 (THE World University Rankings 2021)
Our hope is that students from around the world will join with us to both learn and also bring new ideas and approaches to help drive forward our ambitions to enhance and advance life.
Through our education and research, we strive to address some of the world’s greatest challenges, our academic staff undertake world-leading research through our Schools and Global research institutes in Health Sciences and Global Food Security. This has resulted in new treatments for patients and greater levels of protection for the food we eat.
Visit our Website to find out more
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences deliver high quality, leading education, through world-class staff, focused on the needs of society. We provide an educational experience that is research-led and enriches our students intellectually, socially and culturally.
We develop our students to be confident, resilient, creative, critical thinkers and problem solvers, with strong employability skills, prepared for leadership and citizenship in a global society.
Within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences we have four Schools and within each School, we offer a range of innovative and dynamic Postgraduate programmes. See below for a list of course options:
School of Biological Sciences
- Advanced Food Safety
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- Ecological Management and Conservation Biology
- Global Food Security (Food Safety)
- Leadership for Sustainable Development
- Leadership for Sustainable Rural Development
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Parasitology and Pathogen Biology
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
- Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics
- Cancer Medicine
- Clinical Anatomy
- Experimental Medicine
- Global Health
- Public Health
School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Advanced Professional and Clinical Practice
- Advanced Professional Practice
- Caring for Children and Young People with Complex Needs
- Professional Nursing (Adult)
- Professional Nursing (Children and Young People)
School of Pharmacy
- Advanced Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- Industrial Pharmaceutics
Click here for more course information
We are proud of our vibrant and ambitious postgraduate and postdoctoral community across the Faculty.
By providing an enriched environment of research and innovation we attract, retain and develop the very best of postgraduate and postdoctoral research talent.
All research students benefit from a world class research environment, with research led education and research opportunities embedded within our degree programmes.
Read more about our Postgraduate Research Opportunities
The Faculty is distinguished by its academic strengths and is recognised globally for the social, economic and cultural benefit it delivers through its research.
Building on our disciplinary excellence, we have established interdisciplinary Global Research Institutes and Pioneer Research Programmes which bring researchers together to tackle some of the greatest global challenges of our age.
Find out more about Research in our Faculty
Global Research Institutes
Our Global Research Institutes are flagships for interdisciplinary research in areas of major societal challenge.
We bring together a critical mass of excellent researchers from a wide range of disciplines in world-class facilities to tackle some of the greatest global issues of our age.
There are two Global Research Institutes within our Faculty:
A perfect balance of world-class teaching resources and internationally recognised infrastructureInstitution Profile
- Advanced Food Safety (MSc)
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare (MSc)
- Biological Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Business for Agri-Food and Rural Enterprise (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Ecological Management and Conservation Biology (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Food Safety and Biotechnology (Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Global Food Security (Food Safety) (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Leadership for Sustainable Development (MSc)
- Leadership for Sustainable Rural Development (MSc)
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MSc)
- Parasitology and Pathogen Biology (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here