University of the Arts London: Curating and Collections
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Chelsea College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 7751|
MA Curating and Collections at Chelsea College of Arts focuses on developing the skills needed to curate a range of art and design objects within the context of public and private collections.
You will work alongside the established curatorial team at Chelsea Space, our on-site gallery. You will handle a range of collections held by UAL. This will help you explore current debates and practices in curating.
**What you can expect:**
• Practical skills to sit alongside critical reflection. This will help you develop a balanced approach to curatorial methods
• A course that focuses on working with contemporary and historic collections, exhibition design, concept development, marketing, press releases and budgeting
• To explore current critical debates. You will keep up to date on issues such as participation, the artist-curator dynamic and thinking about the public realm
• The curatorial team at Chelsea Space to provide training within an active and supportive curatorial environment. Through this you will engage with the best examples of contemporary practice
• To handle a range of collections held by the UAL
**The UAL collections include:**
• Chelsea's Special Collections, which have a strong emphasis on modern and contemporary art and design
• Camberwell's ILEA collection of ceramics and glassware
• Central Saint Martins' Museum and Study Collection, which include early printed books, prints, illuminated manuscripts, embroideries, 1920s German film posters, textiles and garments
About Chelsea College of Arts
Chelsea College of Arts is one of London's most prestigious art and design colleges. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in curating and collections, fine art, graphic design communication, textile design, product and furniture design, interior design, and interior & spatial design.
The College's small size and supportive atmosphere creates an exciting community of creative students and staff. You will learn the practical, theoretical and professional elements of your subject from our expert staff. Chelsea College of Arts is a place where experimentation, ideas and concepts are encouraged to develop.
The College's Grade ll listed Pimlico site, located in central London overlooks the Tate Britain and the River Thames. It has excellent workshops, extensive library facilities, a canteen and an onsite gallery, Chelsea Space.
The College’s alumni include Anish Kapoor, Steve McQueen, Haroon Mirza, Mariko Mori, Mike Nelson, Chris Ofili, James Richards, Mark Wallinger, Gillian Wearing and Tatty Devine co-founders, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
BA Honours degree in a related subject or equivalent academic qualifications. Study proposal. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
|Location||Chelsea College of Arts|
16 John Islip Street
|EU||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|England||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|International||19930 GBP for Whole course|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings® and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide, and we have launched ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Arts, Art theory, Fine art, Art history, Modern art, Creative arts, Museum studies, Visual arts, Arts administration, Art gallery studies, Humanities or Cultural studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here