University of the Arts London: Interior and Spatial Design
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6302|
MA Interior and Spatial Design at Camberwell College of Arts is committed to the critical investigation of space through the theoretical and practical research interests and activities of our students.
This course is undergoing re-approval. This is the process by which we ensure the course continues to provide a high quality academic experience. During re-approval there may be some changes to the course content displayed on this page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the course.
The course has developed a distinctive identity born from our fluid position as designers in an ‘art school’ environment, coupled with our contemporary view of experimental spatial practice and the blurring of disciplinary boundaries.
With a bias towards research-led practice, all students on the course are encouraged along a path of personal critical discovery, starting with an initial area of individual research interest.
This course was previously delivered at Chelsea College of Arts.
**What to expect**
• To address issues about how we inhabit space
• To develop sensibilities about intervening into existing architectural structures or situations
• To engage with the language of architecture and the experiential aspects of what it is to inhabit and interact with our spatial environment. This might be the functional design of built structures, fine art installations, furniture, computer animation or film
• To take part in cross-disciplinary activities within and without the school, working on live projects with institutions and practitioners in various fields.
• To follow an iterative approach to the gestation of a project to encourage understanding and critical reflection of the full spectrum of your work
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops that include printmaking, photography, film, moving image, digital, plastic, ceramics, wood and metalwork.
Camberwell College of Arts, UAL is a renowned art and design college driving positive social impact through art and design. Our unique studio culture oﬀers students the freedom and support to explore their individual creativity using facilities that embrace both traditional craftsmanship and digital technology.
We believe passionately in social citizenship, whilst maintaining the view that arts must remain committed to the rewards of free inquiry and experimentation. Our students benefit from staff who take immense pride and care in guiding students in a journey of discovery, helping them develop the critical thinking, making skills and social sensibilities that equip them to thrive both individually and in their communities.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
An Honours degree or equivalent academic qualifications, a study proposal and a portfolio of work. Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration. IELTS level 6.5 or above if English is not the student’s 1st language, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
|Location||Camberwell College of Arts|
|EU||12280 GBP for Year 1|
|England||12280 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||12280 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||12280 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||12280 GBP for Year 1|
|International||25880 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings® for the second year in a row, and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Arts, Drawing, Creative arts, Design, Design history, Design management, Design theory, Display design, Exhibition design, Interior design, Metal design, Plastics design, Spatial design, Three dimensional design, Wood design, Visual arts, Metalwork, Modelmaking, Ceramics, Woodworking, Architecture, Environmental design, Industrial design or Design technology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here