University of the Arts London: Illustration
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6302|
MA Illustration at Camberwell College of Arts is a broad, inclusive and experimental course that enables individual practitioners to develop sustainable creative models that respond and contribute to the expanding field of contemporary illustration.
The course focuses on the creation of original work, individual agency and the continued development of a personally defined visual language. The aim is to encourage visual thinking, research skills and storytelling ability. Alongside these you will develop your entrepreneurial qualities, communication and professional skills.
Through ambitious projects you will build on the skills you already have to define your future ambitions.
**What to expect**
• To test and apply critical and practical skills
• To consider how to develop your practice and any new directions you may take whether in the commercial field or the more investigative, such as through print, painting, three-dimensional work and groundbreaking areas of communication and image-making
• A series of workshops, discussion groups, and one-to-one tutorials. These will help develop a proposal for an ambitious and engaging project
• Lecture programme, practitioner visits and seminars
• Visits to museums and to engagement with London's creative environment
• You will be encouraged to take part in exhibitions, competitions and commissions. Previous collaborations have been with Wellcome Trust, Blackhall Studios as well as Purestone digital marketing agency
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops that include printmaking, photography, film, moving image, digital, plastic, ceramics, wood and metalwork.
Camberwell College of Arts, UAL is a renowned art and design college driving positive social impact through art and design. Our unique studio culture oﬀers students the freedom and support to explore their individual creativity using facilities that embrace both traditional craftsmanship and digital technology.
We believe passionately in social citizenship, whilst maintaining the view that arts must remain committed to the rewards of free inquiry and experimentation. Our students benefit from staff who take immense pride and care in guiding students in a journey of discovery, helping them develop the critical thinking, making skills and social sensibilities that equip them to thrive both individually and in their communities.
Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip
|Level||RQF Level 6|
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
|Location||Camberwell College of Arts|
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings® for the second year in a row, and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Illustration, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here