University of the Arts London: Graphic Design Communication
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6302|
MA Graphic Design Communication at Chelsea College of Arts encourages a broad and diverse approach to thinking and practice that helps students shape engaging and imaginative design solutions through material, media, technologies and systems of public engagement. The course aims to align current social and cultural issues alongside emerging design practices. It will give you a solid introduction to the debates and methodologies that are at the forefront of contemporary design.
**What can you expect?**
• You will learn how to challenge and expand this knowledge within your personal design practice.
• The course will enable you to become an advanced thinker and versatile practitioner with the ability to respond to both familiar and unfamiliar challenges.
• A practice led course underpinned by critical design thinking and exploration.
• To be taught by a team of highly experienced postgraduate tutors each with their own personal specialist design / art practice and research.
• A creative campus environment with a range of workshops, library and special collection resources, shared studio spaces, and professional exhibition spaces.
• View the Chelsea facilities section.
• A themed introduction to stimulate knowledge of contemporary design practice and discourse.
• To develop a rigorous design process, providing the means to employ critical thinking, shape materials and forms, generate and communicate content, develop prototypes and engage with audience testing.
• To seek inspiration and knowledge from course tutors, college wide professional lectures, UAL postgraduate community events and London’s cultural industries.
**About Chelsea College of Arts**
Chelsea College of Arts is one of London's most prestigious art and design colleges. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in curating, fine art, graphic design communication, textile design, interior design, and interior & spatial design.
The College's small size and supportive atmosphere creates an exciting community of creative students and staff. You will learn the practical, theoretical and professional elements of your subject from our expert staff. Chelsea College of Arts is a place where experimentation, ideas and concepts are encouraged to develop.
The College's Grade ll listed Pimlico site, located in central London overlooks the Tate Britain and the River Thames. It has excellent workshops, extensive library facilities, a canteen and an onsite gallery, Chelsea Space.
The College’s alumni includes Anish Kapoor, Steve McQueen, Haroon Mirza, Mariko Mori, Mike Nelson, Chris Ofili, James Richards, Mark Wallinger and Tatty Devine co-founders, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications; Study proposal; Portfolio of work; Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration; IELTS level 6.5 or above if English isn’t their first language, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
|Location||Camberwell College of Arts|
|EU||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|England||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Scotland||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|Wales||10890 GBP for Whole course|
|International||19930 GBP for Whole course|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings® and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide, and we have launched ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Arts, Design or Graphic design, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here