University of the Arts London: Graphic Design Communication
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6302|
The course aims to align current social and cultural issues alongside emerging design practices. It will give you a solid introduction to the debates and methodologies that are at the forefront of contemporary design. You will learn how to challenge and expand this knowledge within your personal design practice.
The course will enable you to become an advanced thinker and versatile practitioner. You will be a designer with the ability to respond to both familiar and unfamiliar challenges.
**What to expect**
• A practice led course underpinned by critical design thinking and exploration
• Teaching from experienced postgraduate tutors. Each of which has their own personal specialist design / art practice and research
• To work in a variety of spaces in proximity to technicians, subject experts and your peers
• To study themes in contemporary design practice and discourse including habitable worlds, material worlds, environmental ecologies, new desires, aesthetics and the exchange between digital and material cultures
• To develop a rigorous design process. This will provide you with the means to use critical thinking, shape materials and forms, generate and communicate content, develop prototypes and engage with audience testing
• Access to library and special collection resources, shared studios and exhibition spaces
• To seek inspiration and knowledge from tutors, college wide lectures, UAL postgraduate community events and London’s cultural industries
• To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops that include printmaking, photography, film, moving image, digital, plastic, ceramics, wood and metalwork.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications; Study proposal; Portfolio of work; Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration; IELTS level 6.5 or above if English isn’t their first language, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
|Location||Camberwell College of Arts|
|EU||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|England||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||11220 GBP for Year 1|
|International||22920 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts London (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2020 QS World University Rankings® for the second year in a row, and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Arts, Design or Graphic design, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here