University of the Arts London: Fine Art Painting
|Institution||University of the Arts London View institution profile|
|Department||Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London|
|Telephone||020 7514 6302|
MA Fine Art Painting at Camberwell College of Arts explores the diversity of the discipline. The course looks at painting in relation to contemporary issues, culture and tradition.
The course supports the development of your practical and research skills. It prepares you for continued progression into the professional and academic worlds.
**What you can expect**
- To identify and debate key issues in contemporary painting
- A learning and teaching environment that supports the development of your practical, professional and research skills
- To extend your practical knowledge of paint as a material and process
- To examine the ways in which methods and materials shape the agenda in contemporary painting whilst creating a relationship to tradition
- To examine the notion of painting as research
- Cross-pathway lectures, seminars and crits to help you locate your practice within the broader field of fine art and other social, cultural and ethical contexts. These will include postcolonial, feminist and disadvantaged discourses
- To look at funding, promotion, self-employment and other aspects of professional practice
- To engage with the wider research culture at University of the Arts London
- To have access to Camberwell's shared workshops
|Level||RQF Level 7|
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are: BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications; Alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration; Personal statement; Portfolio of work.
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
|Location||Camberwell College of Arts|
|EU||10890 GBP for Year 1|
|England||10890 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||10890 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||10890 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||10890 GBP for Year 1|
|International||19930 GBP for Year 1|
University of the Arts London
About University of the Arts London
University of the Arts (UAL) is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings® and is Europe's largest specialist university for art and design.
UAL draws together six renowned Colleges, each with a long established, global reputation for producing outstanding work:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide, and we have launched ...View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Fine art or Painting, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here