find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of St Andrews: Energy Policy and Finance
|University of St Andrews View institution profile
The challenge of creating a better energy future for us all is both urgent and complex. It is much more than a technical challenge – it is also a societal, policy, and financial challenge.
The MSc in Energy Policy and Finance has been specifically designed to match and address this complexity. This one-year programme will equip students with knowledge, critical insights, and practical skills necessary for understanding and helping to shape, manage and evaluate energy policy, and interpret and operate within energy markets and finance.
Emphasising the development of practical skills, and involving external partners from the realms of policy, industry, and finance, the MSc in Energy Policy and Finance offers more than an academic qualification. It equips students with the knowledge and competencies that will enable them to define and pursue new and diverse career trajectories in the field of energy – both within and outside of academia.
The MSc in Energy Policy and Finance provides students with the knowledge, skills, and ways of thinking necessary to help shape better energy futures.
Over the course of this one-year masters programme, guided by world-class research leaders from the University of St Andrews, students will:
investigate energy circumstances and inequalities, particularly in the context of energy transitions climate responsibilities.
explore energy and climate change policy in historical and socio-political contexts, and develop skills in engaging with policy realm and conducting policy evaluation.
develop critical understanding of energy finance, and practical skills in financial analysis as it applies to energy markets and energy policy.
design and deliver an independent research project.
The course will be of particular value if you are looking to follow a career in energy policy, energy governance, energy industries and energy finance, or if you are planning to go into further energy-related research.
Highlights - Equips students with knowledge, understanding, but also a range of practical skills in energy policy and finance.
A comprehensive and integrated interdisciplinary character gives this programme a remarkable richness and depth compared with conventional energy degrees.
The course is specifically designed to connect academic learning with the development of personal and professional competencies and career trajectories.
Teaching is delivered by leading experts from across the University of St Andrews and its Centre for Energy Ethics, with input from external partners representing the realms of industry, policy, and finance.
The MSc in Energy Policy and Finance is a flagship course for the Centre for Energy Ethics. The Centre is truly interdisciplinary in its ethos, vision, and scope, bringing together researchers across the Arts, Humanities, Social and Natural Sciences to create an inspiring dynamic and inclusive research environment in which to pursue issues of energy ethics.
|SCQF Level 11
- We encourage applicants from a diverse range of academic and professional backgrounds to apply, creating an excellent environment for interdisciplinary shared learning.
- We welcome both recent graduates, and applicants at different stages of their professional careers.
- A 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
- English language proficiency. See the University's information on English language tests and qualifications.
- Applicants disciplinary backgrounds may include but are not limited to:
- The qualifications listed are indicative minimum requirements for entry. Some academic Schools will ask applicants to achieve significantly higher marks than the minimum. Obtaining the listed entry requirements will not guarantee you a place, as the University considers all aspects of every application including, where applicable, the writing sample, personal statement, and supporting documents.
|University of St Andrews
St Katharine's West
- Scotland’s first university
- Over 120 postgraduate courses.
- Top 100 in the world (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- Scottish University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023)
- Top for Student Experience in the UK (NSS 2022).
- 92% of students in work or further study within 6 months of graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey, 2018-19)
Studying in St Andrews is a unique and rewarding experience that will take your skills and knowledge to the next level. With taught masters courses, research degrees and an opportunity to study some …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Art history, Film studies, Finance, Environmental science, Classics, History, Philosophy, Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Physics, Economics or Social anthropology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here