find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Plymouth: Health and Wellness Through Physiotherapy
|Institution||University of Plymouth View institution profile|
|Department||School of Health Professions|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1752 585858|
Learn to work in diverse practice settings, including neurological, sports and respiratory, in a variety of healthcare locations such as hospitals and specialist rehabilitation centres as well as patients’ homes. Our innovative, enquiry-based learning approach means that you learn from ‘real-life’ clinical scenarios that reflect conditions that physiotherapists see. This course is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
You will benefit from our established track-record of working with local professional sports teams, the armed forces, and extracurricular experience such as pop-up clinics for sporting events. The two-year accelerated programme will develop your clinical, leadership, management, and research skills allowing you to graduate armed with the skills and experience to treat complex patients and which promote progression within your physiotherapy career. You could find yourself working in hospitals, health centres, the local community, with the elderly, the disabled, for charitable organisations, or pursuing a research career, both in the UK or abroad.
- Complete 1,000 hours of supervised clinical practice in varied clinical settings.
- Work with a physiotherapy team engaged in research at an international level to develop your own individual research project.
- Learn to study independently and in small groups with our enquiry-based learning curriculum.
- Develop your leadership skills and gain insight into public and global health issues.
- Become autonomous practitioners with enhanced clinical reasoning skills.
- Benefit from research-informed teaching.
- Graduate armed with the skills and experience to find employment in a variety of environments.
- On successful completion of the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and apply for full membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Master of Science - MSc (PG)
|Level||RQF Level 7|
2:1 in a relevant subject area and from within the last five years. * GCSEs - Mathematics and English at grade C. Preference is given to you if you have obtained these grades on application. * In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required. * Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or Mathematics. * You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course. Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme. * If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below. * IELTS - 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements. * Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. You must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further
University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is a dynamic, ambitious and award-winning institution with a research-led culture that encourages innovative and creative ideas with the confidence to turn these into reality. Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City.
Why choose Plymouth?
- Join a Top 5 UK modern university (Times Higher Education Young University Ranking, 2022)
- More than three quarters of our research was ranked either World-Leading or Internationally Excellent (Research Excellence Framework, 2021)
- 7th most affordable student city in the UK (Superprof, 2022)
- Top 10 best UK University based on …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Sports science, Medicine and health studies, Health studies, Health science, Biology or Biomedical sciences, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here