University of Plymouthhttps://www.plymouth.ac.uk
University of Plymouth
For information about how the current situation might affect your application to study with us, please visit our website.
The University of Plymouth is a high-quality, research-rich institution with a mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through specialist teaching. The University of Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City. In one of the UK’s most beautiful regions, Plymouth is a thriving city located on the South West coast, situated between picturesque Dartmoor and the stunning beaches of Cornwall.
Why choose Plymouth?
- Top 10 modern university (Times Higher Education rankings)
- Two thirds of our most recent submission to the Research Excellence Framework was rated as ‘world leading’ or of ‘international quality’
- Over 135 postgraduate programmes to choose from
- Top 25 university for job prospects - What Uni Student Choice Awards 2019
- Awarded a third Queen’s Anniversary Prize, in 2019, for pioneering research on microplastic pollution which has resulted in repeated scientific breakthroughs and influenced national and international legislation
- Opportunity to change direction with one of our conversion programmes, which allow you to study a completely different subject area from your undergraduate degree.
- Top 25 for teaching quality and top 50 for students’ overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2020
The University of Plymouth offers a range of financial support to help you during your time as a student. Whether it’s advice on student loans and grants, information on bursaries and scholarships or help with extra financial support, the Student Funding team can advise you on all aspects of student funding.
Did you know you may be eligible for a government-funded loan of up to £11,570 towards the cost of your masters degree? Visit the website for all the latest information on your funding options.
Research and Taught Degrees
Plymouth's record demonstrates that we undertake world-leading research of global significance across the vast majority of our research areas and our students work alongside world-class experts.
A wide range of masters degree programmes are available in both taught and research formats, which reflect the disciplines of our academic experts. All programmes include training in research methods and generic skills, as well as a comprehensive body of subject-specific modules. Most are completed in 12 months (full time), although some part-time and distance learning modes are available.
Find out more about our programmes here.
Our research institutes
With an international reputation for quality research across our faculties, the University of Plymouth is one of the leading research universities in the South West of England, with the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry ranking first in the country for research outputs based upon the quality of the publications, and the number of citations (REF 2014).
Our research institutes fully reflect the University’s interdisciplinary approach, allowing for the nurturing of our diverse research strengths. They support and encourage collaborative activities, provide a first-class research environment for staff and students and help to showcase ground breaking work of high impact to key audiences and stakeholders on a global stage.
To find out more about our institutes visit our webpages.
The campus has been redesigned and modernised to create improved study and leisure amenities, including:
- Charles Seale-Hayne library with areas for 24 hour access, 365 days a year
- A world-class performing arts centre, The House, built to the very highest technical and sustainable specification
- The beautifully restored gardens of Drake’s Place, which serves as a hub for public events and activities
- Our Marine Building, which houses some of the most advanced marine testing facilities, including: deep-water wave tanks, a ship simulator, technical labs and a support space
- The new Derriford Research Facility, with hi-tech equipment which will accelerate our world-leading research.
Plymouth is affectionately known as Britain’s Ocean City, owing to its rich maritime history, beautiful beaches and natural harbour. The vibrant waterfront and town centre are home to a wide range of shops, bars, cafes and restaurants, while other attractions include theatres, museums, an aquarium and lido – and of course, the spectacular views of Dartmoor right on our doorstep.
Study at Plymouth’s city-centre campus and you’ll be placed right in the heart of the action.
Support for postgraduate students
We are proud of the support we offer our students. The Student Hub is staffed by a wonderful team of advisers who are available to help on a wide range of topics such as mental health and wellbeing, disability advice, international student advice, funding and bursaries, and pastoral and spiritual support.
The Careers & Employability Service offers free and impartial one-to-one careers information, advice and guidance throughout the year. All of our advisers are professionally qualified and experienced, and are able to offer a range of services including:
- Skills development webinars and employer sessions
- Online resources you can access 24/7
- One-to-one appointments through phone or Zoom
- Jobs board advertising the latest Part time, placement and graduate vacancies
Not only this, but The Doctoral College operates across the entire University and offers a range of support specific for postgraduate students including:
- Access to scholarships, studentships and bursaries for research degrees, professional doctorates and taught masters programmes.
- Professional skill development
- Assurance of the quality of our provision through codes of practice and feedback from research students.
- Designated social space for postgraduates.
- Support from the Postgraduate Society through monthly exchange sessions.
Postgraduate Open Evening – 13 October 2021 16:00 – 19:00
Our Postgraduate Open Evenings are designed to help you find out about the range of postgraduate and professional development opportunities.
Both academic and professional support staff from the University will be available to answer your questions and give you advice, guidance and information about our programmes.
Find out more about our next Postgraduate Open Evening.
Student Recruitment and Admissions
University of Plymouth
Plymouth PL4 8AA
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here