University of Plymouthhttps://www.plymouth.ac.uk
University of Plymouth
The University of Plymouth is a high-quality, research-rich institution with a mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through specialist teaching. The University of Plymouth is a modern campus university ideally placed in the centre of Britain’s Ocean City. In one of the UK’s most beautiful regions, Plymouth is a thriving city located on the South West coast, situated between picturesque Dartmoor and the stunning beaches of Cornwall.
Why choose Plymouth?
- Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2018)
- Top 10 modern university (Times Higher Education rankings)
- Two thirds of our most recent submission to the Research Excellence Framework was rated as ‘world leading’ or of ‘international quality’
- The University of Plymouth placed in the top 15 in the Best Universities Career Services category by StudentCrowd (2017)
- The University of Plymouth has over 135 postgraduate programmes to choose from
- Voted in the top 25 universities for job prospects by What Uni Student Choice Awards 2019
- Recently awarded a third Queen’s Anniversary Prize, this time for pioneering research on microplastic pollution
- Ranked second best holiday destination in the world for 2020 by Condé Nast
You may be eligible for a government funded loan of up to £11,222 towards the cost of your masters degree.
There are also a number of additional ways to fund postgraduate study at the University of Plymouth, including scholarships, studentships, and grants from charitable trusts. Details of these can be found on our general funding webpages.
Research and Taught Degrees
Plymouth's record demonstrates that we undertake world-leading research of global significance across the vast majority of our research areas. In addition to this, our students work alongside world-class experts. Our research degrees, which include ResM, MPhil, and PhD, can be studied full or part time.
A wide range of masters degree programmes are available, all of which reflect the disciplines of our academic experts. All programmes include training in research methods and generic skills, as well as a comprehensive body of subject-specific modules. Most are completed in 12 months (full time), although some part-time and distance learning modes are available.
Taught Postgraduate Degrees
At the University of Plymouth we have a wide range of taught Masters programmes to choose from (MSc, MA, MRes). The University of Plymouth is a high-quality, teaching and research-rich institution with a mission to advance knowledge and transform lives. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings places us among the top 65 universities in the UK, and we have one of the highest number of Higher Education Academy National Teaching Fellows, reflecting the innovative learning environment at the heart of our taught programmes.
With an international reputation for quality research across our faculties, the University of Plymouth is one of the leading research universities in the South West of England, with the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry ranking first in the country for research outputs based upon the quality of the publications, and the number of citations (REF 2014). It doesn’t stop here – our researchers have recently influenced government legislation, both in the UK and abroad, due to their research into the presence of microplastics and microbeads in our oceans.
Find out more about our programmes here.
Our research institutes
Our research institutes fully reflect the University’s interdisciplinary approach, allowing for the nurturing of our diverse research strengths. They support and encourage collaborative activities, provide a first-class research environment for staff and students and help to showcase ground breaking work of high impact to key audiences and stakeholders on a global stage. To find out more about our institutes visit our webpages.
The campus has been redesigned and modernised to create improved study and leisure amenities, including:
- Charles Seale-Hayne library with 24 hour access, 365 days a year
- Our world-class performing arts centre, The House, built to the very highest technical and sustainable specification.
- The beautifully restored gardens of Drake’s Place, which serves as a hub for public events and activities
- Our Marine Building, which houses some of the most advanced marine testing facilities, including: deep-water wave tanks, a ship simulator, technical labs and a support space
- The new Derriford Research Facility, with hi-tech equipment which will accelerate our world-leading research.
Our campus is based right in the heart of the city, nestled between the south coast and the wild expanse of Dartmoor, it means you’re never too far away from the action. Not only do we have the South West’s second largest pedestrianised shopping area, we are also highly connected with road, rail and sea links. Best of all, we can offer you the spectacular waterfront of Plymouth Sound, which stretches out in front of the renowned Plymouth Hoe and our historic Barbican. All of this is only a short walk from the campus.
Support for postgraduate students
The Doctoral College operates across the entire University and has an executive role in assuring quality and due process for postgraduate research degrees. Its support includes:
- The provision of appropriate facilities for learning.
- Access to scholarships, studentships and bursaries for research degrees, professional doctorates and taught masters programmes.
- Opportunities for research students to develop professional skills through a free comprehensive programme of generic skills workshops and study days.
- Assurance of the quality of our provision through codes of practice and feedback from research students.
- Designated social space for postgraduates, should they want it.
- Support from the Postgraduate Society through monthly exchange sessions.
7 October 2020
16:00–19:00, Rolle Plaza Marquee, University of Plymouth
This is your chance to visit the University of Plymouth and find out about the range of postgraduate and professional development opportunities that are available to you.
Both academic and professional support staff from the University will be available to answer your questions and give you advice, guidance and information about our programmes.
There will be a wide range of faculties, departments and services exhibiting at the open evening, with stands covered throughout the evening by academic and professional staff to answer your questions.
Find out more info here
Student Recruitment and Admissions
University of Plymouth
Plymouth PL4 8AA
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here