find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
University of Glasgow: Adult Education, Community Development and Youth Work
|Institution||University of Glasgow View institution profile|
|Department||School of Education View department profile|
This programme offers you the opportunity to study the theoretical and practical dimensions of adult, community and youth development. It will equip you with the skills and knowledge to work alongside people in communities to initiate sustainable social change.
You will discover ways in which you can help people realise their potential and work together for a fairer, healthier and happier world.
Upon successful completion of the PgDip, you will be awarded a professional qualification accredited by the Community Learning and Development Standards Council in Scotland.
- This qualification will enable you to work in the field of community learning and development, including community development work, youth work, health, housing and social and economic regeneration.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a network of community development projects. Project leads contribute to the taught aspects of the programme and also provide you with placement opportunities.
- Our students come from a wide range of professional, academic and cultural backgrounds and all bring with them a curiosity about how social justice can be developed by people working together for change.
You will take two core and two optional courses from a specialist pathway. There is a large practical element either in the form of a placement or as part of your current workplace. Throughout the programme there is emphasis on participative and experiential learning. For the MEd you will also undertake an in-depth supervised research project, on a related topic of your choosing.
- PRACTICE AND POLICY INQUIRY
- THEORETICAL FRAMEWORKS FOR PRACTICE
Optional courses may include
- CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT IN ADULT EDUCATION
- THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ADULT LEARNING
- EDUCATIONAL APPROACHES TO COMMUNITY LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL CHANGE
- PERSPECTIVES ON YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTHOOD
- WORKING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE: EDUCATION AND LEARNING FOR CHANGE
You will have many employment opportunities open to you in the areas of community development work, youth work, health, housing and social and economic regeneration. With an accredited CLD Standards Council for Scotland qualification, you will have the opportunity to work for local authorities, the voluntary sector and further and higher education institutions.
University of Glasgow
School of Education
The University of Glasgow’s School of Education is an ambitious, major international research-led institution with traditional roots in Scottish higher education. We invest in the future of education through world-class research that advances knowledge and practice. Respected for contributions to policy and practice, our teaching and research benefits from strong partnerships with education communities.
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. The University has a history of changing the world and the School of Education is committed to nurturing the people who make it happen. …View Profile
Not what you are looking for?Search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here