Queen Mary University of London: Development and International Business
|Institution||Queen Mary University of London View institution profile|
|Telephone||020 7882 8165|
In recent years interest in the relationship between international business and (especially international) development has increased. This new degree offers a framework for exploring the changing relationship between states and markets, politics of development, foreign direct investment, international institutions of global political-economic governance, global working lives, economic restructuring, migrant labour, multinational companies, work, geo-politics, industrialization and development.
- will help you to develop advanced and critical understandings of the development of international business from various intellectual perspectives. From neo-liberal and mainstream business studies approaches, through to more critical approaches which engage with questions of power and resistance;
- will give you an advanced theoretical grounding in the core aspects, and history and politics of, business and its growing internationalisation;
- will equip you with the skills to conduct rigorous empirical analysis and enquiry;
- offers distinctive opportunities to conduct independent field-based research in diverse locations;
- will prepare you for a broad range of careers but will specifically deliver the research skills and substantive knowledge required by NGOs, development organisations and national government departments.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
An upper second class honours degree or higher in a relevant subject from a UK university (or an equivalent international qualification), together with one supportive academic reference is usually required. Relevant work experience may also be taken into account and non-academic references can be considered in specific circumstances. Candidates are expected to have good English language ability and to meet our minimum English Language requirements: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/international/international-students/englishlanguagerequirements/.
Learning and teaching
The direction of your individual study will be guided by the formal study sessions you attend, along with your reading lists and assignments. However, we expect you to demonstrate an active role in your own learning by reading widely and expanding your own knowledge, understanding and critical ability.
Independent study will foster in you the ability to identify your own learning requirements and determine which areas you need to focus on to become proficient in your subject area. This is an important transferable skill and will help to prepare you for the transition to working life.
Mile End Road
Queen Mary University of London
Research excellence and innovation
We facilitate world-leading research across all academic schools and departments, with an impressive track record of initiating exciting and innovative interdisciplinary collaborations. The most recent national assessment of research – the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) – has confirmed our place in the very top group of research-led universities in the UK. Overall we were ranked 9th among multi-faculty universities in the UK. And in terms of the percentage of 3* and 4* research ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business studies, International business studies, Humanities, Geography, Social sciences, International studies or Development studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here