Nottingham Trent University: Fashion Communications
|Institution||Nottingham Trent University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Art and Design|
MA Fashion Communications provides the essential conduit between fashion organisations and their consumers, stakeholders, and the wider fashion environment. This subject area combines visual, audio and written media to communicate the creative essence of the fashion industry. The course aims to prepare you for a career within the fashion industry in roles as diverse as fashion journalism, PR, advertising, trend prediction, fashion styling and art direction, digital and social media management, and visual merchandising management.
The curriculum develops the key knowledge and skills that will support your career as a fashion communications specialist, and includes an examination of the international and cultural contexts to which fashion communication concepts respond and relate. You’ll examine emerging market insights, which will enable you to devise and manage communication and promotion strategies. You’ll be supported to develop research skills, the application of theory, critical and analytical skills, and to devise creative and commercial concepts.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of both new and established communications practices across different areas of the fashion industry, and choose your specialist focus.
• Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your personal career aspirations, or to support an entrepreneurial concept.
• Benefit from industry speakers, such as established communications practitioners from leading fashion and lifestyle brands.
• Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning.
• Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design.
• Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York.
• Gain a globally recognised academic qualification, in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship.
• Study alongside students from all areas of fashion management, marketing and communication.
• Prepare for further postgraduate study, such as PhD
|Level||RQF Level 7|
2.2 honours degree. Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis. **Other requirements** ELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) and a short report illustrating your knowledge and perspective on an aspect of the fashion industry.
50 Shakespeare Street
Nottingham Trent University
Why Study at NTU?
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
NTU are proud to have been named University of the Year 2019 in the Guardian University Awards.
This represents another significant addition to our growing list of major accolades. This prestigious award comes after we received the coveted Times Higher Education University of the Year 2017 and the Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year 2018.
Many of our courses are designed to meet industry needs ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business communication, Journalism, Fashion, Marketing or Advertising, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here