Nottingham Trent Universityhttps://www.ntu.ac.uk/
Nottingham Trent University
Why Study at NTU?
Nottingham Trent University is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
We’re delighted to announce that NTU has been named University of the Year, at the Times Higher Education awards!
This is the latest award we’ve received in a year packed with recognition and prizes. In 2017, we’ve also been named as the UK’s Modern University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide), whilst receiving a gold rating in the national Teaching Excellence Framework.
Nottingham Trent University has been one of the biggest climbers in The Guardian University Guide 2019, focusing on student satisfaction and graduate employment. NTU has now risen to 16th place in the overall table - a jump of 18 places from last year.
- We are flexible – As well as full time courses, we have distance learning, block-release and part-time study options to enable you to combine further study with work or family commitments.
- Strong links with companies worldwide – This keeps our courses cutting edge in a rapidly changing world, as well as offering a range of placement opportunities ranging from a few weeks to a year in industry, all aimed at improving your employability.
- Expert teaching – Academic supervisors, tutors and lecturers are leading practitioners in their fields and engaged in world class consultancy and global research.
- Plenty to get involved with – We have over 110 societies to help make the most of your student experience; including everything from astronomy to volunteering and from fashion to cocktails.
- Guaranteed accommodation – All three of our campuses provide high-quality on-site accommodation in a range of furnished self-catering residences offering en-suite or shared bathroom facilities. We have accommodation, including purpose built studio accommodation, specifically for postgraduate students.
- Personalised and specialist careers advice – With a dedicated careers consultant for each school and a specialist consultant for postgraduate research students, there is great support for you throughout your time at NTU.
What Can I Study?
We offer nearly 200 taught postgraduate courses and have a variety of research degree options across our nine academic schools.
- Doctoral School (research degrees)
- Nottingham Business School
- Nottingham Law School
- Nottingham Institute of Education
- School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
- School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
- School of Art & Design
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Social Sciences
Nottingham Trent University Research that shapes lives and society is central to Nottingham Trent University’s mission. 90% of our research activity achieved world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised status in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
The Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education was awarded to the University in November 2015. It is the highest national honour for a UK university and recognises the University’s world-class research.
Take a look at our research
Up to half fee scholarships – These have helped hundreds of students to study at NTU and achieve their ambitions. Scholarships are awarded to those students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Already studied at NTU? – We offer a 25% postgraduate discount to current NTU students and NTU alumni who have graduated in the last five years, since June 2013.
Musical or Athletic? – We have a number of music and sports scholarships for talented students ranging from £500 to £10,000 for exceptional cases.
Find out more about our scholarships
A student city – With Nottingham ranked joint fourth* as the best student city in the world, it's not hard to see why. It has a student population of around 60,000, a rich history, plenty of green spaces and award-winning nightlife.
(*QS Best Student Cities index results, March 2017).
Plenty to do – Nottingham has consistently ranked as one of the UK’s top shopping destinations, with major high street names sitting alongside designer boutiques. It also has a thriving art scene with excellent independent cinemas and galleries – including Nottingham Contemporary, one of the largest art centres in the UK.
Find out more about our student life
Come and Visit
Discover life at NTU for yourself - We also hold subject specific open events throughout the year. Check our website for dates and more details. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Book your Open Day now
NTU the one for you?
To apply, go to our website.
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Tel: +44 (0)115 848 4200
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here