Nottingham Trent Universityhttps://www.ntu.ac.uk/
Nottingham Trent University
Why Study at NTU?
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
NTU are proud to have been named University of the Year, at the Times Higher Education awards.
This is the latest award we’ve received in a year packed with recognition and prizes. In 2017, we were named as the UK’s Modern University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide), whilst receiving a gold rating in the national Teaching Excellence Framework.
NTU has been one of the biggest climbers in The Guardian University Guide 2019, focusing on student satisfaction and graduate employment. NTU has now risen to 16th place in the overall table - a jump of 18 places from last year. We’ve also recently achieved our highest ever ranking in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide. A climb of ten places to 37th in this year’s guide caps a remarkable year for us.
Many of our courses are designed to meet industry needs and standards, making them easy to translate to the working world. This is why approximately 97% of postgraduates from NTU are employed or continuing with their studies within 6 months of finishing their degrees*. (*DLHE Survey Postgraduate results 2016-17).
- We are flexible – As well as full time courses, we have distance learning, block-release and part-time study options to enable you to combine further study with work or family commitments.
- Strong links with companies worldwide – This keeps our courses cutting edge in a rapidly changing world, as well as offering a range of placement opportunities ranging from a few weeks to a year in industry, all aimed at improving your employability.
- Expert teaching – Academic supervisors, tutors and lecturers are leading practitioners in their fields and engaged in world class consultancy and global research.
- Plenty to get involved with – We have over 110 societies to help make the most of your student experience; including everything from astronomy to volunteering and from fashion to cocktails.
- Guaranteed accommodation – All three of our campuses provide high-quality on-site accommodation in a range of furnished self-catering residences offering en-suite or shared bathroom facilities. We have accommodation, including purpose built studio accommodation, specifically for postgraduate students.
- Personalised and specialist careers advice – With a dedicated careers consultant for each school and a specialist consultant for postgraduate research students, there is great support for you throughout your time at NTU.
What Can I Study?
We offer nearly 200 taught postgraduate courses and have a variety of research degree options across our nine academic schools.
Nottingham Trent University Research that shapes lives and society is central to Nottingham Trent University’s mission. 90% of our research activity achieved world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised status in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
The Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education was awarded to the University in November 2015. It is the highest national honour for a UK university and recognises the University’s world-class research.
Take a look at our research
During your time at NTU, there will be a range of scholarships and bursaries on offer to help fund your studies. This has helped hundreds of students study at NTU and achieve their ambitions. Scholarships and bursaries are awarded to those students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Have a look at the NTU website to find out more about the funding opportunities available for Postgraduate students at NTU.
Find out more about our scholarships
A student city – With Nottingham ranked joint fourth* as the best student city in the world, it's not hard to see why. It has a student population of around 60,000, a rich history, plenty of green spaces and award-winning nightlife.
Nottingham Trent University is the first UK University to be awarded the Purple Flag accreditation – for its night-time culture and promoting the safety and wellbeing of visitors and students.
(*QS Best Student Cities index results, March 2017).
Plenty to do – Nottingham has consistently ranked as one of the UK’s top shopping destinations, with major high street names sitting alongside designer boutiques. It also has a thriving art scene with excellent independent cinemas and galleries – including Nottingham Contemporary, one of the largest art centres in the UK.
Find out more about our student life
Come and Visit
Discover life at NTU for yourself - We also hold subject specific open events throughout the year. Check our website for dates and more details. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Book your Open Day now
NTU the one for you?
To apply, go to our website.
Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street
Tel: +44 (0)115 848 4200
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here