Nottingham Trent University: Animation
|Institution||Nottingham Trent University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Art and Design|
Explore animation production, concepts and context on this dynamic and contemporary postgraduate degree. As an MA Animation student, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from a wide range of topics to study, including:
• storyboard and pre-visualisation artistry
• character design
• environment and prop design
• 2D and 3D animation
• stop-motion and experimental animation
The main focus of the course will be on the exploration and refinement of your skills. Develop content specific to your research area, as well as attending contextual lectures in which you’ll investigate global animation history, theory and practice. This course will prepare you for a career in a commercial production studio, in games production or feature animation. Additionally, you may choose to work in visual effects production or as an independent filmmaker.
• Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
• Attend lectures held by industry professionals from leading animation studios.
• Visit animation festivals in the UK and Europe
• Take advantage of our extensive industry links
• Exhibit your work at New Designers in London
• Opt for an additional research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study
• Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
2.2 honours degree in a related subject and a portfolio. Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis. **Other requirements** IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill)
50 Shakespeare Street
Nottingham Trent University
Why Study at NTU?
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one of the biggest and most popular universities in the UK offering a number of benefits for our postgraduate students.
NTU are proud to have been named University of the Year 2019 in the Guardian University Awards.
This represents another significant addition to our growing list of major accolades. This prestigious award comes after we received the coveted Times Higher Education University of the Year 2017 and the Times and Sunday Times Modern University of the Year 2018.
Many of our courses are designed to meet industry needs ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Animation, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here