Manchester Metropolitan University: Global Leadership
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||People and Performance|
|Telephone||0161 247 6969|
It’s an exciting time to be working in the global workplace given the changing economic climate, global and local demands to be more sustainable, and the need to respond instantly to consumer needs. Good leadership is an essential component. The global workplace requires leaders who are not only great at working with people, but who have empathy and sensitivity to the needs of diverse groups of people.
Whether you have recently graduated from an undergraduate degree or you are currently working, this course will help you to understand not only the theory that lies behind leadership, but the skills and techniques that will help you to become a good leader.
**Develop your leadership style**
The course will help you to understand your personal approach to leadership. We enable you to explore this over the course of a two-day leadership development residential, where you’ll work with experts in the field of global leadership. You’ll work in teams, and have the opportunity to learn through practical exercises.
We will use psychological indicators such as personality type and emotional intelligence tools to help you gain a clearer insight into ‘yourself’ and learn how you can gain the best out of working with people.
Combining the theory and practice of leadership ensures you will develop both in-depth knowledge and real-world skills. We’ll help you become a resilient and adaptable leader - and a valuable asset for any organisation.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Triple crown** - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- **Grow your career** - suitable whatever your career level, you do not need any prior experience of leadership, we will provide you with all the knowledge you need.
- **Practical Applications** - combine leadership theory with practical sessions such as the leadership development residential.
- **Taught by leadership experts** - learn from an international teaching team with a wide range of experience.
- **A city of opportunities** – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and established businesses, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities.Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network
- **Cutting-edge research** – learn how the experts from the Decent Work and Productivity Research Centre provide tailor-made solutions for public and private-sector clients.
- **Postgraduate internship programme** – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – minimum a 2:2 – or the international equivalent.
Manchester Metropolitan University
A modern university in a great global city
Manchester Metropolitan University has a proud heritage dating back to 1824. It is one of the largest universities in the UK, with over 38,000 students, and is home to a diverse international student population from more than 140 countries.
The University is ranked amongst the world’s top 200 universities under 50 years old*, which is a measure of its commitment to delivering and supporting quality research and teaching.
Manchester Metropolitan’s campus is located in the centre of Manchester, amongst world-renowned music, arts, shopping and sports ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Business and management, Human resource management, Management or Leadership, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here