Manchester Metropolitan University: Graduate Diploma in Law (Common Professional Examination)
|Institution||Manchester Metropolitan University View institution profile|
|Department||Manchester Law School View department profile|
Our Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) is a conversion course. If you have a non-law undergraduate degree it can help you gain your first legal qualification quickly. In just one year, you’ll lay down the foundations you need to forge a legal career.
There’s a strong focus on developing your practical legal skills. We’ll also help you develop the fundamental legal knowledge you’ll need to work in the sector.
It’s a great introduction to law and a stepping stone to further legal qualifications, such as the Legal Practice Course to become a solicitor or the Bar Professional Training Course to become a barrister.
You’ll cover core areas of law, including criminal, public and land law. There are also specific units to develop your practical skills, in particular mooting.
Many of our team are practising legal professionals and understand what’s needed to succeed in the field. We have experts in various areas of the law who will share their passion and enthusiasm with you.
**Supporting your studies**
You’ll have plenty of support from your tutors during this course. There are high levels of face-to-face teaching and an open-door policy for advice and academic support.
**Features and Benefits**
- **Fast-track legal qualification** – convert your existing non-law undergraduate degree, or extensive work experience, into a legal qualification in one year.
- **Law School experience** – study surrounded by other law students and supported by an expert teaching team. Join the Law Society for networking, guest lectures and social events.
- **Thriving legal hub** – Manchester has a dynamic legal sector. We have close links with the Northern Circuit and our courses are well respected by national law firms.
- **Pro bono work** – put your legal skills and knowledge to the test by volunteering with our partners. Gain valuable experience before starting work.
- **Mooting opportunities** – we are a leading centre for mooting and advocacy in the UK. Join the Mooting Society to participate in regular debates and competitions.
- **Legal experts** – learn from experienced professionals and get your legal education off to the best start. They know what it takes to succeed.
- **Top legal facilities** – make use of our 24-hour library, mock courtroom and dedicated careers and employability service.
- **Ready for work** – you’ll develop the professional skills you need to forge a career in law. Your previous education and experience will add an extra dimension to your CV.
Graduate Diploma - Grad Dip
|Level||RQF Level 6|
You should have an honours degree from the UK or the ROI. International students with a degree are eligible to apply as long as equivalence to a UK/ROI honours degree is demonstrated.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Law School
Manchester Law School is modern and thriving, offering you excellent facilities and great opportunities.
Based in a diverse and vibrant city, which is home to the second largest Chinatown in the UK, we provide you with everything you need to develop a successful career in the legal profession or in alternative fields such as government, business and education.
Studying with us allows you to take advantage of England’s long established and respected legal system. The English Common Law system is influential across the world and your studies will demonstrate the importance of this ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Law, Business law, Civil law, International law, Legal practice, Arbitration, Barrister practice, Legal administration or Legal executive studies, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here