Liverpool John Moores University: Policing and Law Enforcement Leadership
|Institution||Liverpool John Moores University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Policing Studies|
|Telephone||0151 231 5175|
LJMU's MSc in Policing and Law Enforcement Leadership explores challenges facing contemporary law enforcement and how effective leadership can address them.
- Study at the Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies (LCAPS) which is licensed by the College of Policing to deliver Police Education Qualifications Framework (PEQF) programmes
- Embark on a programme designed as a higher qualification for those in supervisory, management and leadership roles
- Reflect on your individual and team approaches to leadership in an increasingly complex environment
- Learn from active researchers, former and serving officers, and subject specialists
- Participate in a variety of masterclasses throughout the academic year delivered by experts. Previous speakers include: the Director of Public Prosecutions and a former UN peacekeeper
During your studies, you will discuss and debate the major issues facing organisations, such as austerity and the changing nature of demand. You will be supported to reflect on your individual and team approaches to leadership and will explore the role of policing and law enforcement agencies in the wider context of society.
Master of Science - MSc (PG)
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You will need:
a minimum 2:2 Honours degree in Policing Studies, or a police and law enforcement related topic, or Strategic Leadership or any related Social Sciences discipline
evidence of your ability to successfully study at Level 7 through the presentation of a strong portfolio demonstrating appropriate equivalent skills in the workplace. A range of written work, reports, evidence of practice development and presentations may be required.
IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component) or equivalent
|Location||Liverpool John Moores University|
Student Recruitment and Admissions
|EU||7750 GBP for Year 1|
|England||7750 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||7750 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||7750 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||7750 GBP for Year 1|
|International||15600 GBP for Whole course|
Founded in 1823, LJMU is ranked in the top 600 higher education institutions in the world* and attracts staff and students from over 100 countries. Our postgraduates are highly sought after by employers with over 96%** in work or further study six months after graduation.
LJMU is a leading research institution and 96% of the research submitted for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 was considered of international quality or better.
A world-class location
Liverpool has something for everyone; this former European Capital of Culture and UNESCO World Heritage Site offers the warmest of welcomes to all visitors and ...
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in International security, Police studies or Criminology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here