Liverpool John Moores Universityhttps://www.ljmu.ac.uk/
Founded in 1823, LJMU is ranked in the top 600 higher education institutions in the world* and attracts staff and students from over 100 countries. The University has excellent progression rates with 98% of postgraduates in work or further study within six months of graduation and over 96% in professional roles**.
LJMU is a leading research institution and 96% of the research submitted for the REF 2014 was considered of international quality or better. We are also in the top 25 English universities for PhD completion rates.
A world-class location
Named by Rough Guides as one of the 10 best cities to visit worldwide, Liverpool has something for everyone. This former European Capital of Culture and UNESCO World Heritage Site, offers the warmest of welcomes to all visitors and is known for its rich multi-cultural heritage.
A postgraduate qualification from LJMU will help you fulfil your professional ambitions, boosting your career development and future earnings. We offer a range of taught programmes across our four Faculties comprising: PGCE, PGDE, MA, MBA, MSc and MRes.
Pre-masters programmes are available for International and EU students in our International Study Centre.
LJMU also invites research students to become part of our vibrant research community delivering world-leading and internationally-excellent research right across the institution.
Supervision is available in all Faculties for PhD study and we offer Professional Doctorates for those who want to research and develop their professional practice at doctorate level.
The Graduate School has all the information research students need to succeed, be that advice on progressing to a PhD or information about examinations, regulations or ethical approval.
Contact us for up-to-date information about fees and funding, including the new postgraduate masters loans, the LJMU Alumni Award and PhD Studentships.
Scholarships are available for new international students joining the University in 2016/2017. Bursaries are also available if you need to increase your IELTS score by 0.5 to enrol on your chosen postgraduate degree.
During your studies
Open 24/7 during semesters, our libraries welcome you to study when you choose. Our extensive electronic catalogue, professional journals and print collections have all you need to complete your qualification and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
As a student of LJMU you will also benefit from:
- a personal tutor/supervisor
- a personal development service
- dedicated accommodation for postgraduate students
- free study skills courses and workshops
- free academic English courses for non-native English-speaking students
- a spiritual support team, multi-faith prayer rooms and free counselling service
- disability support
- first class careers support
- the opportunity to forge links with key employers and industry relevant organisations
LJMU has an excellent reputation for career progression with 98% of postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation. We have excellent links with employers on a local, national and international level and our award-winning careers advice service ensures that students are fully prepared for the world of work when they move on from education.
*The World University Ranking 2015/16
** DLHE 2014
Liverpool John Moores University
(t) +44 (0)151 231 5090
- Astrophysics Research Institute
- Computer Science
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Department of Maritime and Mechanical Engineering
- Department of the Built Environment
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology Research Institute
- Humanities and Social Science
- Liverpool Business School
- Liverpool School of Art and Design
- Liverpool Screen School
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Research and Enterprise
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- School of Law
- School of Natural Sciences and Psychology
- School of Nursing and Allied Health
- School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences
- School of Sports and Exercise Science
- School of Sport Studies, Leisure and Nutrition
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here