Liverpool John Moores Universityhttps://www.ljmu.ac.uk/
Founded in 1823, LJMU is ranked in the top 600 higher education institutions in the world* and attracts staff and students from over 100 countries. Our postgraduates are highly sought after by employers with over 96% in work or further study six months after graduation**.
LJMU is a leading research institution and 96% of the research submitted for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 was considered of international quality or better.
A world-class location
Liverpool has something for everyone; this former European Capital of Culture and UNESCO World Heritage Site offers the warmest of welcomes to all visitors and is known for its rich multi-cultural heritage.
A postgraduate qualification from LJMU will help you fulfil your professional ambitions, boosting your career development and future earnings. We offer a range of taught programmes across our five Faculties comprising: PGCE, PGDE, MA, MBA, MSc and MRes.
Pre-masters programmes are available for International and EU students in our International Study Centre.
LJMU also invites research students to become part of our vibrant research community delivering world-leading and internationally-excellent research right across the institution.
Supervision is available in all Faculties for PhD study and we offer Professional Doctorates for those who want to research and develop their professional practice at doctorate level.
The Doctoral Academy has all the information research students need to succeed, be that advice on progressing to a PhD or information about examinations, regulations or ethical approval.
Contact us for up-to-date information about fees and funding, including the new postgraduate masters loans, the LJMU Alumni Award and PhD Studentships.
Scholarships are available for new international students joining the University in 2018/2019.
During your studies
With 24/7 opening during semesters at two of our three libraries, you are able to study at a time that’s most convenient to you. Our extensive electronic catalogue, professional journals and print collections have all you need to complete your qualification and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
As a student of LJMU you will also benefit from:
- a personal tutor/supervisor
- personal development planning in every course
- designated accommodation for postgraduate students
- free study skills courses and workshops
- free academic English courses for non-native English-speaking students
- a spiritual support team, multi-faith prayer rooms and free counselling service
- disability support
- careers support
- the opportunity to forge links with key employers and industry relevant organisations
LJMU has an excellent reputation for career progression with over 96% of postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation (HESA 2016). We have excellent links with employers on a local, national and international level and our Careers Team ensure that students are fully prepared for the world of work when they move on from education.
* THE World University Ranking 2017/18
** Higher Education Statistics Authority (HESA) 2016
Liverpool John Moores University
Student Recruitment and Admissions
Exchange Station, Tithebarn Street
- Astrophysics Research Institute
- Computer Science
- Department of Maritime and Mechanical Engineering
- Department of the Built Environment
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
- Faculty of Education, Health and Community
- Faculty of Science
- Humanities and Social Science
- Liverpool Business School
- Liverpool School of Art and Design
- Liverpool Screen School
- Nursing and Allied Health
- PGCE courses
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- School of Law
- School of Natural Sciences and Psychology
- School of Nursing and Allied Health
- School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences
- School of Policing Studies
- School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- School of Sport Studies, Leisure and Nutrition
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here