find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
Liverpool John Moores University
Founded in 1823, LJMU is ranked in the top 500 higher education institutions in the world* and attracts staff and students from over 100 countries. Our postgraduates are highly sought after by employers with over 96%** in work or further study six months after graduation.
LJMU is a leading research institution and 96% of the research submitted for the last Research Excellence Framework (REF) was considered of international quality or better.
A world-class location
Liverpool has something for everyone; this former European Capital of Culture and UNESCO World Heritage Site offers the warmest of welcomes to all visitors and is known for its rich multi-cultural heritage.
A postgraduate qualification from LJMU can help you to:
- enter your profession at a more senior level
- enjoy a higher starting salary
- earn up to 21% more per year than those with an undergraduate degree (Department of Education graduate earning figures 2018)
- change direction from your undergraduate studies
- explore your subject in greater depth.
We offer a range of taught programmes across our five faculties leading to the following qualifications: PGCE, PGDE, MA, MBA, MSc and MRes.
Pre-masters programmes are available for International and EU students in our International Study Centre.
LJMU also invites research students to become part of our vibrant research community delivering world-leading and internationally-excellent research right across the institution.
Supervision is available in all faculties for PhD study and we offer Professional Doctorates for those who want to research and develop their professional practice at doctorate level.
The Doctoral Academy has all the information research students need to succeed, be that advice on progressing to a PhD or information about examinations, regulations or ethical approval.
We are constantly improving and upgrading our facilities to offer the best possible student experience and provide the best environment for teaching, learning and research. As well as developments to our existing sites, we are adding a five storey Student Life Building and a two storey Sports Building to our new Copperas Hill base. This site will link together our City and Pount pleasant campuses, providing a fantastic hub for student services.
Contact us for up-to-date information about fees and funding, including Postgraduate Masters Loans the LJMU Alumni Award and PhD Studentships.
Scholarships are available for international students.
During your studies
With extensive opening hours and significant online content, our libraries enable you to study at a time that’s most convenient for you. Our electronic catalogue, professional journals and print collections have all you need to complete your qualification and keep up-to-date with the latest developments.
As a student of LJMU you will also benefit from:
- a personal tutor/supervisor
- personal development planning in every course
- designated accommodation for postgraduate students
- free study skills courses and workshops
- free academic English courses for non-native English-speaking students
- a spiritual support team, multi-faith prayer rooms and free counselling service
- disability support
- careers support
- the opportunity to forge links with key employers and industry relevant organisations
LJMU has an excellent reputation for career progression with over 96%** of postgraduates in work or further study six months after graduation. We have excellent links with employers on a local, national and international level and our Careers Team ensure that students are fully prepared for the world of work when they move on from education.
* THE World University Ranking 2020/21
** Higher Education Statistics Authority (HESA) 2018
Liverpool John Moores University
Student Recruitment and Admissions
Exchange Station, Tithebarn Street
(t) +44 (0)151 231 5090
- Astrophysics Research Institute
- Computer Science
- Department of Maritime and Mechanical Engineering
- Department of the Built Environment
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
- Faculty of Education, Health and Community
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Science
- Humanities and Social Science
- Liverpool Business School
- Liverpool School of Art and Design
- Liverpool Screen School
- Nursing and Allied Health
- PGCE courses
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- School of Law
- School of Natural Sciences and Psychology
- School of Nursing and Allied Health
- School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences
- School of Policing Studies
- School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- School of Sport Studies, Leisure and Nutrition
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here