find your perfect postgrad program
Search our Database of 30,000 Courses
Liverpool John Moores University: Adult Nursing with Registered Nurse Status
|Institution||Liverpool John Moores University View institution profile|
|Department||School of Nursing and Allied Health|
|Telephone||0151 231 5090|
Join our accelerated two-year degree programme to qualify as a Registered Adult Nurse. You must hold an undergraduate degree in any field and have health and/or social care experience to apply. - Join a multi-award winning school: Nurse Education Provider of the Year (pre-registration)' 2021 Winner, 'Best Student Experience' 2020 and Winner & Nurse Education Provider of the Year (pre-registration).
Clinical work experience with four placements guaranteed per year in a wide variety of healthcare settings
£4 million invested in the Faculty's teaching and learning environment, including £1.6m developing professional-standard clinical simulation suites
While on placement, you will have a dedicated study day each week giving you the opportunity for contact and support at all times
£5,000 per year grant for Adult Nursing students living in England, Wales and Northern Ireland plus another 2,000 for students with dependent children (eligibility criteria apply)
Start month: September
Campus location: City Campus
UCAS Course Code: PAD1
You may also be interested in MSc Child Nursing. If you don't hold an undergraduate degree, please visit our BSc (Hons) Nursing pages: Adult, Child, Mental Health.
This course is also available as a degree apprenticeship with selected partners, open to their current employees only. If you work for an NHS Trust or organisation and would like to learn more about our nursing degree apprenticeships, please contact our Admissions Team: email@example.com.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
You will need:
- A first honours degree (normally 2:2 or above) in any subject - it does not need to be related to allied health.
- English and Maths GCSE at grade A* - C / 4-9 (please contact our Admissions team if you have equivalent qualifications).
- Any overseas qualifications should be equivalent to UK qualifications which meet our entry requirements. If you have completed your degree outside the UK, we will require a clear copy of your degree documentation to ensure NARIC comparability. Please note that all applicants who are invited to interview will be required to present their original degree documentation.
- If English is not your first language, IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0, including at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7.0 in the reading, listening and speaking sections. The university may be able to accept alternative English Language qualifications from applicants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) on a case by case basis in line with the appropriate Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) guidelines.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 770 hours healthcare experience (approximately six months full-time work) in your chosen field within the past 5 years. This can be through either paid or voluntary work, but must be verifiable by a supervisor or line manager.
- Please be advised that degree, Maths, English (including IELTS if required) and 770 hours of experience is required at the point of application.
Occupational English Test (OET)
We’ll accept an OET examination certificate that confirms you achieved:
- at least a grade C+ in the writing section
International applicants who require a student visa are not eligible to apply for the course.
|Location||Liverpool John Moores University|
Student Recruitment and Admissions
Founded in 1823, LJMU is ranked in the top 500 higher education institutions in the world* and attracts staff and students from over 100 countries. Our postgraduates are highly sought after by employers with over 95%** in work or further study 15 months after graduation.
LJMU is a leading research institution and 94% of the research is considered of international quality or better (Research Excellence Framework, 2021).
A world-class location
Liverpool is a city full of culture. From artists to musicians, playwrights to historians, Liverpool offers all its visitors a diverse cultural experience, encouraging those to explore everything that …
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Nursing or Childrens nursing, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here