King's College London, University of London: Genes, Environment & Development in Psychology & Psychiatry
|Institution||King's College London, University of London|
|Department||Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 207 848 7000|
Our Genes, Environment & Development in Psychology & Psychiatry MSc course provides interdisciplinary training in a range of behavioural genetics topics and research methods relevant to psychology and psychiatry. You will study three required modules and undertake a research project on one of the broad range of subject areas that are considered fundamental to an understanding of behavioural genetics.
- Offers specialised interdisciplinary graduate training in several subject areas and research methods.
- Taught by the Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry (SGDP) Centre, a department recognised as a world-leader in the field of interdisciplinary studies in psychology, psychiatry and behaviour.
- Opportunity to attend the weekly SGDP Centre research seminars led by renowned researchers, such as Professor Francesca Happé, Professor Robert Plomin and Professor Sir Michael Rutter.
- Extensive collaborations within King’s as well as with other universities.
- Study with students from from diverse and rich backgrounds.
- Access to large sets of data for populations who have been studied and followed up over many years.
- Located in a beautiful modern building designed to foster interaction.
- Our state-of-the-art molecular genetics laboratory provides a complete suite of resources for research.
|Level||RQF Level 7|
A Bachelor's degree with 2:1 honours (or overseas equivalent) in psychology or related scientific disciplines such as behavioural, biological or mathematical sciences.
Applications from those working in medicine or professions allied to medicine are also welcome.
A 2:2 degree may be considered only where applicants also offer a Masters with Merit in a related subject
|Location||Denmark Hill Campus|
Health Service and Population Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry
De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill
|EU||9900 GBP for Year 1|
|England||9900 GBP for Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||9900 GBP for Year 1|
|Scotland||9900 GBP for Year 1|
|Wales||9900 GBP for Year 1|
|International||28500 GBP for Year 1|
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Health studies, Mental health, Psychology, Medicine (general and para-medical), Psychiatry, Science, Biology, Genetics, Molecular biology or Neurobiology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here