King's College London, University of London: Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neurosciencewww.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn
King's College London
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
King's College London is one of the world’s top 25 universities (2014-15 QS World University Rankings). King’s is located in the heart of London and is deeply committed to learning, equality and delivering a first class student experience.
The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) at King’s is ranked 2nd in the world for psychology and psychiatry (US News, Best Global Universities) and the largest centre in Europe for research and education in these areas.
The IoPPN is a leading provider of education at all levels, building upon its unrivalled reputation in mental health and related sciences. Students have unparalleled opportunities in clinical training, placements and research as a consequence of the Institute’s long relationship with, and close proximity to, the Maudsley Hospital.
Benefits of studying at the IoPPN
- a superb range of clinical placements through our partnerships with NHS Trusts
- a wide range of funding opportunities and scholarships for taught programmes
- world-leading academics at the forefront of ground-breaking research
- fantastic networking, mentoring and career development opportunities
- state of the art teaching and research facilities
- employment, cultural and social opportunities in the heart of London
- develop marketable research skills.
A qualification from King’s and the IoPPN is recognised, internationally, as a mark of excellence and that is a key reason why graduates progress to such successful careers.
The Institute offers a broad range of master’s courses, taught by world leading academics and clinical leaders, housed in world-class facilities.
- Addiction Studies MSc/PG Cert
- Health Psychology MSc
- Affective Disorders MSc
- International Programme in Addiction Studies MSc
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health MSc
- Mental Health, Ethics & Law MSc
- Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences MSc
- Mental Health Studies MSc
- Clinical Neuropsychiatry MSc
- Neuroimaging MSc
- Clinical Neuroscience MSc
- Neuroscience MSc
- Early Intervention in Psychosis MSc
- Organisational Psychiatry & Psychology MSc
- Family Therapy MSc/Grad Cert
- Psychiatric Research MSc/PG Cert
- Forensic Mental Health MSc
- Psychology & Neuroscience of Mental Health (Distance Learning) MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Genes, Environment & Development in Psychology & Psychiatry MSc
- War & Psychiatry MSc
- Global Mental Health MSc
Postgraduate study provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to pursue a range of career paths:
- Pursuing PhD research, often choosing to stay at the IoPPN.
- Moving on into a career in clinical psychology
- Taking on clinical roles within the NHS or other healthcare settings, e.g. psychologist, behavioural therapist, psychological wellbeing practitioner.
- Specialising in roles such as health or clinical psychology or in roles requiring specific expertise such as addictions, dementia and epilepsy.
- Using the qualification as evidence of professional development
- Progressing into leadership roles in health and social care settings or to relevant policy-related roles in national or local organisations.
- Entering into the private sector. Popular areas include scientific publishing, human resources, occupational health, management consultancy or roles in the pharmaceutical industry.
Join our global network
Receive the latest updates about master’s scholarships, the latest research news, events, exclusive Q&A sessions with IoPPN academics and students, and more! Sign up to our Global Network.
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
King's College London
16 De Crespigny Park
London SE5 8AF
For general enquiries about postgraduate taught programmes:
+44 (0) 20 7848 1659
For general enquiries about postgraduate research admissions contact:
Each department has its own admissions tutor and these are listed on our postgraduate research How to apply page
- Addiction Studies (MSc)
- Affective Disorders (MSc)
- Applied Neuroscience (MSc/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Basic and Clinical Neuroscience (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Biostatistics (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health (MSc)
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences (MSc)
- Clinical Neuropsychiatry (Master of Science - MSc (PG))
- Clinical Neuroscience (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Psychosis (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Developmental Psychology and Psychopathology (MSc)
- Early Intervention in Psychosis (MSc)
- Family Therapy (MSc)
- Forensic Mental Health (MSc)
- Forensic & Neurodevelopmental Science (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Genes, Environment & Development in Psychology & Psychiatry (MSc)
- Global Mental Health (MSc)
- Health Psychology (MSc)
- Health Service and Population Research (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Master of Science in International Addiction Studies (IPAS) (MSc)
- Mental Health Studies (MSc)
- Neuroimaging (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Neuroscience (MSc)
- Old Age Psychiatry & Dementia (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Organisational Psychiatry and Psychology (MSc)
- Psychiatric Research (MSc/Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert)
- Psychological Medicine (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD/Master of Philosophy - MPhil)
- Psychology and Neuroscience of Mental Health (Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert/Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip)
- Psychosis Studies (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry (Doctor of Philosophy - PhD)
- War and Psychiatry (MSc)
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here