King's College London, University of London: Dental Cone Beam CT Radiological Interpretation PG Cert
|Institution||King's College London, University of London|
|Department||Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences|
|Telephone||+44 (0) 207 848 7000|
Our postgraduate certificate in Dental Cone Beam CT Radiological Interpretation is a part-time distance-learning course to train dentists to be able to use CBCT imaging appropriately to help diagnose clinical problems of the dento-alveolar areas of the jaws, correctly interpret the radiological signs and write structured radiological reports.
This course is mostly delivered online, so you can study with minimum disruption to your professional and personal life while benefitting from world-class teaching.
- The first university-based training of its kind.
- Enables students to understand and interpret the relatively new x-ray imaging modality of cone beam CT, enabling 3-dimensional crosssectional imaging.
- Curriculum delivered by expert teaching staff, all at consultant level and GDC-registered specialists in this subject.
- The faculty is home to the largest dental radiology department in UK, equipped with state-of-the-art CBCT machines.
- Delivered primarily online, the course also includes a block of face-to-face lectures and hands-on training at Guy’s Hospital.
- Curriculum based on the recently adopted pan-European guidelines for CB scanner use, lead authored by Dr Jackie Brown.*
*Brown, Jacobs, Levring Jaghagen et al (2014). Basic training requirements for the use of dental CBCT by dentists: a position paper prepared by the European Academy of DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology (EADMFR). Dentomaxillofacial Radiology 43, 20130291
Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert
|Level||RQF Level 7|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent.
New Hunts House
Not what you are looking for?Browse other courses in Dentistry or Radiology, or search our comprehensive database of postgrad programs.
Scholarship Opportunity with Postgrad.com
Are you a PG student at this University or have you applied to study a postgraduate program at a university in Europe? Tell us your plans and qualify for a £500.00 PGS Scholarship.Click here